How to extend clip pixels on canvas?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ra4bo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

How to extend clip pixels on canvas?

Post by Ra4bo »

Hey, if I move a clip with Transform Position X or Y and I don't scale the clip to fit, there will be an empty area on the canvas. Adding another layer will reveal an ugly dividing line at the border of the transformed video.

Is there any function or effect to extend the bounds of a clip, i.e. if the video has a black border, filling the empty space with that color?

Thanks guys.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: How to extend clip pixels on canvas?

Post by Zoltán »

A solid color effect after transform with show image enabled and color set to black should do what you'd like.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Here is a short video showing another approach using blur and vignette.

phpBB [video]

Ra4bo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Ra4bo »

Great suggestions, thank you both!

AngeloDV
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by AngeloDV »

To disable alpha I usually throw a cheap effect like Flip: disable the flip checkmark and enable black bg. This comes in handy also if you dont want alpha for the entire composition so you can stack slices in the advanced output

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

That's the pre-post mult-demult filter we lack of.
Dealing with this from 4, I use to believe solid color has lower impact on pipeline.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I was wondering when you’d show up, Francoe. For real though, I’m honestly curious what you think a multiply filter would bring to the table that solid color with show image enabled doesn’t already do.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Oh Joris, sorry, I'm not expecting a different behaviour or result.
Is just my kind of work use that process all the time. So I was using solid, flip, sometimes an inverted crop, even the reveal fx. I can do all the job with the bundled filters. But allways have the suspect that I'm doing something wrong because the use of filters that are not especifically designed for that (you know, I come from the node based school, stacking simple tasks).
I use to ask myself: is there an overprocess if I use that filter for an solid composite? Is certain filter adding weight to the pipeline if I use it for an alpha switch? etc..
Maybe I'm getting the best I can get, but the lack of an specific filter makes me doubt. :lol: