some "only had some minutes to try"- Remarks to the new effects

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

some "only had some minutes to try"- Remarks to the new effects

Post by movebandit »

Well done . Thanks for that huge Update. Nearly all my wet wishes came true.... (Mainly Persistent Clips !!!)

BUT: Here are some "only had some minutes to try"- Remarks to the new effects:

-Text Block and Animator: Spacing too less Parameter Range
-Slice Transform: Dropping Slice doesn´t work (or am i wrong, and cant´handle the new plugin ?)
-Reveal: when Clip trasnformation is in 100% Scale, Scaling of reveal is not correct
-Rings: Set Gap to 360 Deg to be able to blank rings

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Resolume Avenue & Arena 6 Beta Available Now!

Post by Oaktown »

Slice Transform: Dropping Slice doesn´t work (or am i wrong, and cant´handle the new plugin ?)
Take a look at this video and hopefully that'll give you a sense of what you can do with it:

phpBB [video]

highstreetpictures
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: some "only had some minutes to try"- Remarks to the new effects

Post by highstreetpictures »

hiya guys!

i've been looking for a way to change screens and thus switch slice arrangement in real time - using one projector.

for example - one screen multiple slices on a layer - fading between them - then fading to a screen where three slices are shown at the same time full opacity in a triptych - then back to the full screen fading between slices.

it was suggested slice transformation could help - as an effect dragged to a layer - with what i assume is each screen as an effect dragged to the same layer... but i can't get the screens to transition from to the next.

any thoughts would be very much welcomed. simon

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Maybe this will answer your question:
phpBB [video]

highstreetpictures
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by highstreetpictures »

i am going to have record my screen to show what i'm trying to accomplish - perhaps it's easier than i'm thinking - i keep coming up against the advanced output only allowing one screen live at a time - making the others virtual. i feel i should be able to transition from one screen (with its own layers and mapping) to the next within advanced output. that doesn't seem to work.

i tried dragging a screen with its own layers as an effect to a layer - but then the slices are wrong.

i'm going to upload a screen recording - i hope that will sort it out - and a big thank you for the suggestions so far. simon

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you tell us more about the real world situation you're trying to deal with?
Is this a projection on an object that moves or changes?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu