OSC names are only sent on clip activation

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

OSC names are only sent on clip activation

Post by Downtown »

Hey guys. Been playing with OSC or a while and ideally I want to release a template everyone can use for Lemur and Resolume 6.

Previously I had problems with latency in my composition, which currently has 40 columns of clips on 4 layers. Once I turned off Output all OSC messages and instead made my own preset that only sends the addresses I manually select, my latency issues were magically gone. Developers may want to take note of this.
I have layer 1 clip 1 selected and the OSC output set to "Output to all clips in composition." No matter what I set it to, OSC does not work for selecting clips--the radio buttons in Lemur just click and do not remain on to show me which clip is selected (this previously worked in my Resolume 5 template). With Output all OSC messages selected as my overall preset, some of my clip buttons will randomly stay activated, whether that clip is active or not.
As far as names go, nothing works when I have Output all OSC shortcut/preset selected. With my OSC preset in use (Default), I have

Code: Select all

/composition/layers/1/clips/1/name
Outputting an OSC String to all clips in composition, and in Lemur, my text object has a custom script:

setattribute(L1nameC2, 'content', OSC_ARGS);
The OSC_ARGS being:

/composition/layers/1/clips/1/name
With the number representing layer or clip changing respectively. This successfully retrieves the names, but only when I press the button to select the clip.

Am I doing something wrong here, or is it a bug?
At least my latency issues are gone.

Latest versions of Lemur and Resolume as of today
Resolume 6.1.1 rev61728