MIDI - Layer Scrolling

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Sondos
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

MIDI - Layer Scrolling

Post by Sondos »

Hey guys,

I'm completing the mapping of my APC40 (beginner btw). Couple of issues with how I'd envisioned it working so hoping I can get some advice to help me decide on the layout.

1. Typically only working with 4 layers and at the moment I have 4 x buttons mapped to select each layer. What I would prefer to do is use 1 x knob (the Cue Level knob on the APC40) to scroll up and down through the layers. Is this possible? cause can't seem to figure it out.

2. In contrast, I want to use 2 x buttons to scroll through the clip transition styles. One for 'Next' and one for 'previous' but I can only seem to map one button to do one or the other. Currently using a slider on the APC as gives me the option to cycle through transition types in both directions.. but would much rather free up the slider and use two buttons instead.

Hope this makes sense. Any advice is much appreciated!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: MIDI - Layer Scrolling

Post by Joris »

Where are all the shortcut wizards at?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I've found that Bomes allows the dial manipulation you want. Its usually an easier and more straight forward way of manipulating midi on an advanced level.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

For 2, after assigning a shortcut to Select Next, you can right click on the shortcut to duplicate it. Then you can press the other button you want to use and assign it to Select Previous.

https://resolume.com/support/en/midi-sh ... -shortcuts
https://resolume.com/support/en/midi-sh ... cut-groups