Media manager nog collecting all files

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Media manager nog collecting all files

Post by Grimm90 »

Hi , for a couple of times in a row i am using the media manager to collect all media from a comp and move that folder with comp file to another pc.

It doesn't always copy all the files .
You open the composition on another machine and it finds about 90% of the files ,the other clips are in the comp but with a red square / relocate..

Today i have a comp of 107.86gig and the collect folder is 100gig.
Maybe a cap in the media manager ?

Also request for a feature , could there be a checkbox to include the advanced output mapping file into the collect folder , it's a small thing but handy.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Media manager nog collecting all files

Post by Joris »

Could it be you have copies of the same file in multiple folders in the original location?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you send us your composition and some examples of the file names/ paths which are not copied correctly?

Have you checked if the files that couldn't be reconnected on the new machine are actually there in the folder?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Tried again to collect media after i added some stuff in the same comp , happens again .
Media manager says the collect file should be 125.6GB , the folder it created on my drive is 116gb

I might have some copies of some of these files in different locations , but only the same file in a different resolution (and not used in this comp at all , nothing even from those folders) .
Some files i am sure it's the only copy on my harddrive .

I added the comp mentioned above of 125,6gb , i'm copying that folder to my ssd on my laptop now , gonna open it in 55mins and tell you whats missing :/
Attachments
SS013 - core & tek .avc
(9.38 MiB) Downloaded 454 times

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

So first 2 screenshots of all the files missing.
If i do a relocate search in the copied footage folder , it does finds them all except for one file.

In the previous attempt there were about 15 files i had to recopy & add , but just one missing is acceptable..
Attachments
47400430_312588949341270_2169470942797889536_n.png
47353093_2194107547511937_8209907403089510400_n.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks, are the files you miss or can't reconnect only from the Black & White folder, and all of the files from that folder?
Could be the & that causes issues there.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

Not really , as you can see at the top of the second screenshot there are files missing from other source folders aswel.

If the media manager is saying 125 gig but the actual folder is a lot smaller , something is going wrong there ?

I really have no idea what could be causing this , i'm playing the clips often without problems , all is dxv3 normal quality , can't find anything odd or a pattern in which files are ignored in the collecT.

As i prepare my shows on my desktop , i got a copy of my "all vj clips" folder on another drive in my gig laptop. , so the files missing are easily reconnected on the gig laptop by pointing to the all clips folder so it's quickly solved but then i got files running from a slow HDD in my comp :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Grimm90 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 22:14 Not really , as you can see at the top of the second screenshot there are files missing from other source folders aswel.
In your screenshots all the missing files have a & in the path right?
Are these files present in the collected folder?
Grimm90 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 22:14 If the media manager is saying 125 gig but the actual folder is a lot smaller , something is going wrong there ?
Not necessarily, as Joris said if you have more files with the same file name then they will be present only once in the collected folder.

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

I have to check the next media collect (had to wipe it for disk space) but i think it's possible all missing files have a "&" in the path.

If i do a relocate to the footage folder , most of them are there and found .

Grimm90

Post by Grimm90 »

I just checked and couldn't find any "&" symbols , there are always in every file at least one "=" , and sometimes also a "!" , thats how i keep certain folders in windows at the top of the list.

I had to load an old comp today and because of clips real estate moving i had to relocate all.
First attempt using media manager , it finds about 70% , and over the next 2 tries it found another 25% , and some files never found.. This is a large comp with a few 100 files , is that maybe a reason why media manager isn't fully coping ?