output screens switching between them

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
stathis
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

output screens switching between them

Post by stathis »

I have made a setup with two projectors .Two hdmi cables connect the projectors through hdmi ports and one hdmi cable connects the monitor through display port to hdmi adapter. When i restart the computer and open Arena, the output screens switching and the content that i mapped for output screen 1 goes to output screen 2 and vice versa and i have to go inside advanced output and bringing it back manual. Unfortunately i found this issue just when i had to leave the place so i didn't have the time to switch the cables. I appreciate any ideas or advises. (intel i78700 gtx 1060 6GB with two hdmi ports, two display ports and one DVI-D, windows 10pro, Arena 6.1.1 rev 61728). Thank you in advance!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: output screens switching between them

Post by Oaktown »

Remember always turn displays/projectors ON first then computer and turn computer OFF first then displays/projectors.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

or get 2 Edid minders / managers.

Your Problem is the EDID

You will find enough informations online about it.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

How would EDID managers help with this problem? Don't the projectors send an EDID themselves?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I think it would help if you don't turn them off when you power the system down but you would need one EDID manager for all displays/projectors.

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Edid Managers block the direct communication between the projector & computer.

Edid Manager / minder "simulate" for the Laptop that there is a projector all the time. So if you shutdown the projector the laptop wont notice it and wont do any new scaling etc.

"Fixed instalation" only power on/off the projectors and keep the computer runing.

But as Oaktown mentions you can also keep the order right ( power on/off) you also
dont need to take care about order when there are edid minders in between. Becouse of the minders the computer allways see a projector / monitor no matter what is behind the edid minder. The signal will allways be the same.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

The Computer on the lefft dont care what happen on the right side. It just send the resolution the Edid minder want him to do. You can plug deplug monitors or combine different resolutions without dealing with strange behaviour becouse of all the edid information getting to the comp.

( ofc we can set a different resolution as recomended by the edid, but that would be rubish)
~Berlin~

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Oaktown wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 16:24 I think it would help if you don't turn them off when you power the system down but you would need one EDID manager for all displays/projectors.
and yes sure. 1 minder for each cable / signal / output
~Berlin~