Control Resolume with DMX from Chauvet ShowXpress

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Control Resolume with DMX from Chauvet ShowXpress

Post by knappy »

I seem to remember that ShowXpress can only send artnet... not receive...
I could be wrong

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DHoude »

I don't know that to be true, but I have not used it since this project and I closed the DJ company that used it. I would ask that on their forums. This was the only time I used Artnet.

ElectronicContinuum
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ElectronicContinuum »

This may be a silly question.......... but wouldn't it be easier to use this with the Resolume show xpress combo?
https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/dmx-an/
Couldn't both Computers 1 show xpress and another Resolume access the same DMX AN controller? via Ethernet? thus giving effective control to both platforms? best of both worlds? :shock: ?? Again this could be a silly question... We are new to Resolume and currently using SX.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

ElectronicContinuum wrote:Couldn't both Computers 1 show xpress and another Resolume access the same DMX AN controller? via Ethernet? thus giving effective control to both platforms? best of both worlds? :shock: ?? Again this could be a silly question...
If you connect the two computers and the Chauvet DMX-AN to a router, both computers can send Artnet to both DMX ports (A & B) on the DMX-AN and you could control Resolume over the network directly (you don't need the node for that).

That would work with lighting software such as Enttec D-Pro, GrandMA on PC, etc..., BUT 1) I don't believe the Chauvet DMX-AN (Artnet) works with ShowXpress which requires one of the USB controllers (Xpress Plus, 512 or 512-Plus) and 2) that ShowXpress can send Artnet.