Remotely controlling Arena

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Remotely controlling Arena

Post by Grimm90 »

i love my xbox controller :p it works up to 20-30m , i got my main controls & fx mapped , and it's fun :D

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

There are two good strategies for this:

1) Use VNC or something similar to remotely access the PC
2) Setup Resolume on your control PC and your show PC, enable OSC output on the control PC and OSC input on the show PC, make sure the IP addresses are correct, and you should be able to have the show PC do everything the control PC does in Resolume

I just tried out 2) on a couple of my machines, and it took about 30 seconds to set up. Works fine. Works best if you have the same comp loaded on both machines.
moha20106 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 20:36 Hi all,
I'm asking for the way to remotely controlling the Resolume Arena
My PC will be behind the led display for the connections to the video-proseccors
But the control area and the operators will be far and in the different place

So, I'm asking about the way to controlling the Arena software remotely by laptop over UTP cable

Or any idea to remote it

Anyone have idea about that?
Thanks

moha20106
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by moha20106 »

Im still can't understand how to use OSC with my laptop
I will try again
Thanks dear for your help

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

If you are trying to control your server with a laptop, your best bet (and probabbly easiest setup) is probably going to be a VNC session (Virtual Network Computing).

Give RealVNC Connect a test drive as it's easy to setup and you can easily isolate which screen you can see remotely as I'm sure you'll want to limit the session to the UI.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

moha20106 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 20:36 So, I'm asking about the way to controlling the Arena software remotely by laptop over UTP cable
If you can have an UTP cable to backstage, there are solutions to send your Video signal over that UTP cable you know...
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

moha20106

Post by moha20106 »

Oaktown wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 18:57 If you are trying to control your server with a laptop, your best bet (and probabbly easiest setup) is probably going to be a VNC session (Virtual Network Computing).

Give RealVNC Connect a test drive as it's easy to setup and you can easily isolate which screen you can see remotely as I'm sure you'll want to limit the session to the UI.
thanks dear for your reply

moha20106

Post by moha20106 »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 20:50
moha20106 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 20:36 So, I'm asking about the way to controlling the Arena software remotely by laptop over UTP cable
If you can have an UTP cable to backstage, there are solutions to send your Video signal over that UTP cable you know...
i will give it a try
thanks Zoltán

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

moha20106 wrote:i will give it a try
thanks Zoltán
That's what I do most of the time and I extend 4K/30 signals over 300ft of Cat6a copper all the time with no issues at all.

If you go that route, keep in mind that HDBaseT needs its own infrastructure which means it can't be concurrent with an ethernet network on existing infrastructure. Also, it will not go through ethernet routers and switchers. Also, my recommendation to you is to use Cat6a copper cables if you use anything above 100ft.