Clip time via OSC?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
looperhacks
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Clip time via OSC?

Post by looperhacks »

Is it possible to have the remaining time of a clip posted via OSC? I'd like to show our show hosts and other team members how long videos will run, so they can prepare for the end of a clip. Is it possible to send the remaining time of a clip (maybe as a text)?

mygeneration
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Clip time via OSC?

Post by mygeneration »

Yeah looperhacks,

It might help to know what is the destination application that will receive the OSC data?

looperhacks

Post by looperhacks »

I'd probably write the software myself, so if there's another way to feed the clip time into external applications, that would be great, too!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you're writing the app yourself, you could calculate the remaining time based on the incoming Transport position message values, and their timing.
It's floats, so once it would get to 1 with a clip playing forwards, the clip would reach it's end.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

looperhacks

Post by looperhacks »

That's awesome, thank you! Is it possible to get the total time of a clip? I couldn't see anything like this in my OSC monitor.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you assume that clips play at nominal speed, or ask Resolume for the clip speed, you can calculate their approximate length also ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

You can also get the duration (or rather the values of the in and out points) of a clip by parsing the composition avc file