Another MSI laptop with issues :/

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Another MSI laptop with issues :/

Post by Grimm90 »

Just for update , I am currently running windows 10 x64 , with latest updates & latest nvidia drivers , and with updated resolume arena 6 . This has been working fine since octobre , i have run over 15 shows now with this setup and never had the optimus issue again.

On average running compositions with 15 - 20 layers = 3x full hd content , 3x generative content , routers & fx stacks & strobe layers and all that to 3x 1080p projectors at 30fps steady
Only thing is they get hot , cpu & gpu at 90-90°C even on extra coolpad with cooler booster on, is that too hot ?

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

so many months later and a small summer tour with this laptop , still no real issues, all seems fixed . I'm using the latest studio driver for the gtx1070.

My buddy on the other hand with almost the same laptop , same gpu , did a format c recently, and he's back to having optimus issues , while they seemed also solved before the format.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Great to hear, that you're having no issues!

NVIDIA is now including a Resolume Arena 6 profile with the drivers, and we're working on one for 7, that should solve optimus issues for your friend.
Meanwhile, here are two workarounds: https://resolume.com/support/en/optimus-workaround
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu