[Fixture Editor] Support for more than one DMX pixel block

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
beanboozler
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[Fixture Editor] Support for more than one DMX pixel block

Post by beanboozler »

So I've got a couple of fixtures which have what I'm guessing is an unconventional DMX channel layout.

Here's a link to it: https://imgur.com/a/Gkl4KT8

I've tried to recreate these fixtures in the Fixture Editor of Arena 6 and I can't figure out how to do it.

There are parameters in this configuration that are interspersed with the RGB elements and if I was able to add more than one pixel block it'd be pretty straightforward to do this.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: [Fixture Editor] Support for more than one DMX pixel block

Post by Arvol »

+1

Would love to be able to add more than 1 pixel block per fixture.

For now, it's a pain, but you can create a fixture for each instance and then add a group of fixtures into the ASS.
Attachments
Untitled-2.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

+1
#5867 in the features bucket ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

Is there any update on this? Being able to have multiple pixel blocks within a single fixture? Would be really useful for modern multi-cell fixtures where you have more control per cell than just RGB (e.g. dimmer, strobe, CCT etc...) and you need control channels between each cell. Currently patching individual cells is really annoying, and there's definitely scenarios where I would have loved to be able to spaff video content out from resolume, but having to patch hundreds of cells (even using duplicate) is incredibly tiresome.

Or maybe a better way would be to have "pixel blocks" within a fixture, where the block would be the full repeating channel layout (RGB Dim Strobe macro) with a number if instances for how many times it is used. You would add these to the fixture to create the full dmx map and be able to add 'global' control channels in the way you can currently add control channels around the pixel block.

If that makes sense.

fhughes

Post by fhughes »

I'm not sure how much this is actually a feature request vs a bug report but here it goes. I have a fixture where one of the DMX channels has a data value which is a string with special characters like 't', 'n', 'r'. These characters are interpreted by Resolume as control values causing unexpected behavior such as flickering or turning off all pixels in the fixture. Is there any way to escape these characters without having to modify the DMX address?

Anothertom

Post by Anothertom »

fhughes wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 04:35 I have a fixture where one of the DMX channels has a data value which is a string with special characters like 't', 'n', 'r'. These characters are interpreted by Resolume as control values causing unexpected behavior such as flickering or turning off all pixels in the fixture. Is there any way to escape these characters without having to modify the DMX address?
Can you link to the dmx chart of the fixture in question? You probably just need to set the default value in the fixture in resolume. You can always not send data from resolume on those channels (but that will default to a zero value in the actual dmx signal).