"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
moha20106
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

specific mixs for each output

Post by moha20106 »

Hi all,
I'm thinking to give suggestion about the output mapping

I will give you my vision about it

If the Arena have option called Mix (for example), and you can use more mixs at the same time

Each mix have 16 layer
Each mix can assign for output/s *
Each mix can split across multiple displays**

*this option can help for :
-You can specify 16 layers for the output no.1, this output will have separate mixs
-You can use another 16 layers for output no.2, with separate mixs too

** this option can help for :
You can use 16 layers for the output 1+2 and 3, when you use mapping (splitting output across multiple displays), you can use this mix (no.1) near by another mix (no.2) that containing 16 layers too

The last example:
-The mix no.1, driving 2 splitting outputs for main big LED Screen using 16 layers

-The mix no.2 drive another 2 outputs for the strips LED Screen using 16 layers

-The mix no.3 drive another 1 output for projector using 16 layers too

I don't know if this vision is good for Arena or not, but i used it before with media server machine and it was pretty and good options for media serving

Sorry for my bad grammar and bad English

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: specific mixs for each output

Post by Zoltán »

Groups routed to slices should do this, or not?
https://resolume.com/support/en/groups# ... ce-routing
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

moha20106

Post by moha20106 »

Zoltán wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 21:31 Groups routed to slices should do this, or not?
https://resolume.com/support/en/groups# ... ce-routing
Thanks dear for your reply
The big problem with groups is : you only have 16 layers for all work,
if you create group and assigned with slices for specific output/s .. You found it conflicted with another outputs

I'm talking about how to Simplify the process to create the big show with specific outputs

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

moha20106 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 22:51 The big problem with groups is : you only have 16 layers for all work,
You can have as many layers in a group as you want, you're not limited to 16 layers per group in Resolume ;)
moha20106 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 22:51 if you create group and assigned with slices for specific output/s .. You found it conflicted with another
If you have routed a group to a slice the slice will only display the content of the group you routed to it.
The composition preview will show the groups blended indeed, but you can make your composition wide, and position the groups, so they don't overlap.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

moha20106

Post by moha20106 »

Zoltán wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 09:08
moha20106 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 22:51 if you create group and assigned with slices for specific output/s .. You found it conflicted with another
If you have routed a group to a slice the slice will only display the content of the group you routed to it.
The composition preview will show the groups blended indeed, but you can make your composition wide, and position the groups, so they don't overlap.
Ok Zoltan, now i got it
But still missing last point

Example :
Layer 1 and layer 2 set as a group 1 for outputs 1+2 (crossed)
Layer 3 and layer 4 set as a group 2 with output 3

The problem is : when i use group 2 (opacity Video fader), the videos/content shown in group 1 !!

I was set the target of the group 1 with outputs 1+2
Also the target of the group 2 is set with output 3

The upper layers comes overlap with the bottom layers, even with assigned slice group and assigned outputs

Why conflicted?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Try making your composition double the width, and position one of the groups to the left and the other one to the right with the Group's Transform. The slices in the Input Selection will need to be adjusted accordingly of course.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

When your Composition is just 1920x1080,
but you have 3 Groups with 1920x1080 and route them (advanced Output) to different screens,
then your Composition window inside the Resolume interface will show some chaos stuff.

The Comp is allways all renderd (active) layers above each other. What happen with the different Layers/Groups in the Advanced Output can be different.

So when you want to see all your Groups seperate then you have a few solutions.

1. Extend your Composition Resolution and place your independet groups next to each other
You can Place 4 FHD Groups inside a 4k Composition (Group Transform / X&Y) ( Then adjust the slices in the Advanced output)

2. When your System have a Output left and can handle the extra workload you can set up a extra Output and place the Groups there (like a Multiviewer)

3. Hardware Solution. Split all your Outputs (cables) and send them to a Multiviewer screen System.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

moha20106

Post by moha20106 »

Thats good
Thanks guys for your support