Playback out of sync after time

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
xdjxklusivex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Playback out of sync after time

Post by xdjxklusivex »

So I have been having this issue for the past few events and its driving me nuts. Video will load and playback just fine with no sync issues when I first open resolume and load the file but when time comes to play the video for the program say 3-4 hours later the video and audio are completely out of sync.

Anyone else having issues like this? It sucks because most of the videos are of speeches and it throws everything off.

At first I thought the issue was the BMD decklink duo 2 running SDI outs to the projectors but it also happened using an LED wall running off DP.

Running 6 on windows 10. 8700k, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 950 pro with a 1070 card.

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Playback out of sync after time

Post by pfelberg »

First basic question: is the audio compressed? The audio embedded within the video should be flat, meaning no compression at all.

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

pfelberg wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 23:27 First basic question: is the audio compressed? The audio embedded within the video should be flat, meaning no compression at all.
Yes exported uncompressed. Most of the time I receive mp4s and have time to convert to dxv3 but still run into the same issue with bad sync over time.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

xdjxklusivex wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 21:05 Yes exported uncompressed. Most of the time I receive mp4s and have time to convert to dxv3 but still run into the same issue with bad sync over time.
How do you convert the files to DXV?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:01
xdjxklusivex wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 21:05 Yes exported uncompressed. Most of the time I receive mp4s and have time to convert to dxv3 but still run into the same issue with bad sync over time.
How do you convert the files to DXV?
I have used mpegstreamclip to convert the files.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

bad sync over time.
What do you mean by that exactly, is the audio drifting from the video slowly when you play a clip?
If you seek to a specific position, is the drift always the same?
Or you let your clips loop a few times and the more it loops the more the audio drifts?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Zoltán wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 08:41
bad sync over time.
What do you mean by that exactly, is the audio drifting from the video slowly when you play a clip?
If you seek to a specific position, is the drift always the same?
Or you let your clips loop a few times and the more it loops the more the audio drifts?
If i open resolume, load the file and play it its in sync (maybe a slight delay depending if im using projectors or led walls). FF 3-4 hours into the event when I have to play the same file for a presentation and the audio is out of sync. The last time this happened it was a solid 2 seconds out of sync.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

xdjxklusivex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 21:55 If i open resolume, load the file and play it its in sync (maybe a slight delay depending if im using projectors or led walls). FF 3-4 hours into the event when I have to play the same file for a presentation and the audio is out of sync. The last time this happened it was a solid 2 seconds out of sync.
Strange.
And this is a DXV file with uncompressed audio, right?

Do you use any other audio apps on the same machine?

xdjxklusivex

Post by xdjxklusivex »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 13:53
xdjxklusivex wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 21:55 If i open resolume, load the file and play it its in sync (maybe a slight delay depending if im using projectors or led walls). FF 3-4 hours into the event when I have to play the same file for a presentation and the audio is out of sync. The last time this happened it was a solid 2 seconds out of sync.
Strange.
And this is a DXV file with uncompressed audio, right?

Do you use any other audio apps on the same machine?
Correct, also have had the issue with mp4 files. I usually always try to convert to dxv3 before playing but if its a last minute file I dont have the time to do that.

Ive noticed with some files when you click play, the audio and video play in sync and then almost right away the video restarts but the audio does not.

No other audio apps on that machine aside from the basic playback stuff windows comes with.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

xdjxklusivex wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 23:08 Ive noticed with some files when you click play, the audio and video play in sync and then almost right away the video restarts but the audio does not.
That's even stranger.
Do these mp4 files play fine in Windows Movies and TV?