midi map parameters for cameras

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
danklim
Is taking Resolume on a second date

midi map parameters for cameras

Post by danklim »

Hi, I’m having an issue with midi map parameters for cameras in resolume avenue, can you please help?

I’ve been able to midi map every other parameter in resolume that I’ve tried, but haven’t been able to midi map any parameters for all of my cameras. I’ve tried with both buttons and faders from two different midi sources and I’ve also tried selecting all three options for “Target”.

When I make any other midi mapping it shows the midi mapping in white text in the top left corner of the screen (shown below in the picture). But when I make a midi mapping for any parameter for any of my cameras (for example, ‘focus’ or ‘zoom’), it shows up in grey text (or sometimes doesn’t show up at all, which I think happens if I select ‘this clip’ as the target).

Why won’t any of these parameters for cameras map to midi and how can I make it work?

Thanks,
Dan

86C613C9B6FD4FFE800F865E92EC77FC.png
Attachments
86C613C9B6FD4FFE800F865E92EC77FC1.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: midi map parameters for cameras

Post by Zoltán »

It's hard to see on your screenshot what's going on exactly.
Can you make one with higher resolution?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

^ What Zoltan said.

I've been able to map my PTZoptics NDI cam's just fine, so I know it can work :)

danklim

Post by danklim »

Thank you. Here is a clearer screenshot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xh6rqkpr0u9y ... 2.PNG?dl=0
Attachments
Capture2222.PNG

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

You have two different mapping modes from what I see. Not saying that's wrong or the problem. Just an observation.

It looks like you have those grey parameters set to "this clip" and the white parameters set to "this position"

Can you try making the grey mappings set to "this position" to see if that helps?

I'll try to map these features on my PC in the morning to see if anything got changed from the last time I mapped them.

danklim

Post by danklim »

Thank you.

Not sure what you mean by "You have two different mapping modes from what I see"

I just looked at the targets again and tried changing it, still haven't been able to get it to work.

The grey mappings for the camera parameters default to targeting "selected clip", so thats what most of the grey mappings are. I tried changing some of the grey camera mappings to target "by position", but they remained grey and nonfunctional. The only thing that changed is they move higher on the list of mappings.

I also tried targeting "this clip", but this caused the mapping to be removed from the list- i think it was still there because i could still the mapping on the parameter itself and it returned to the list , but the mapping was not on the list anymore when "this clip" was selected for the target.

I have not changed the target of any of the functional white mappings, but can see that some are targeting 'by position' (the ones for selecting columns) and some are targeting 'selected clip' (the ones for selecting other clip parameters).

Not sure what any of this means.

I use the same cameras in multiple columns and layers, so maybe something is messing up there? I also have multiple cameras with similar names (ie i have 2 Logitech Brio Cameras). All cameras having the same issues with parameter mapping , but are working fine with resolume in every other way .

What should i do?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Selected clip target should work fine in this case.

You say you have two of these cameras, when you select a clip that uses the other camera does the shortcut turn white?

Which camera did you use as selected clip to map the shortcuts?

I'd try removing the shortcuts, maybe also creating a new preset from scratch, and mapping these again to see if it works.
Then to be sure, switch to the other camera's clip and check the shortcuts.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu