DMX OSC MIDI controls of Advanced Output

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
ianscott1024
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DMX OSC MIDI controls of Advanced Output

Post by ianscott1024 »

Hey All

Got a project coming up later in the year where I might have to use another media server but it would be great if my fav server software Arena could do it.

It would be awesome to use the DMX OSC and MIDI shortcuts to control parameters in the advanced output window such as Slice X Y and scale parameters (in both INPUT and OUTPUT transformations).

Probably needs a bit of a redesign on how advanced outputs and shortcut mappings are saved I'm guessing.

It would be handy for my niche project but what does everyone else think?

Thanks!
Ian

PERCYJOSEPH
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: DMX OSC MIDI controls of Advanced Output

Post by PERCYJOSEPH »

Having control over the advanced output is definitely a great thing. A lot can be done with the slices and screens, We might mix a few layers to a screen and to do a fade out of that screen without effecting the other screens which uses the same layers will be possible if we get controls over the advanced output.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

There's really no reason to request this.
Everything you need can be controlled from within the main UI using Slice transform. Here's a great video that goes in depth on how to use it:

Further more, You can assign Layers, and Groups to specific slice in the advanced output, so your other screens won't go black when you kill that layer or group.
In regards to color correction or changes for each screen, again, just assign a layer or group and then ad a color FX to it.

Here's another great link to check out:

https://resolume.com/support/en/slice-routing

ianscott1024
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ianscott1024 »

Arvol that’s fine and dandy but that doesn’t help if your mapping to a moving surface...

Also exposing advanced output parameters will start to allow similar features released in the current versions of Arkaos seen here: https://youtu.be/L8omqdAnqDc