jerk

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Jais
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

jerk

Post by Jais »

Hi I ve got a serious problem with resolume 2, I need to know the best movie format tu use because I used to compress my videos in dv pal format but when I playing it, it s jerking! so it s not in real time, and because of that sound and picture are not synkronised!
I ve got a compaq laptop using an external hardrive, and my graphic card is radeon 9500 so it sounds enought to use resolume in live, isn t it?
see you soon
I wait your answer

pieroc
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by pieroc »

I use Ligos Indeo 5.11, 1 keyframe each frame, 400x300 and it kinda works.
My fav tool to prepare the clips is VirtualDubMode... free.

Jais

Post by Jais »

ok thanks a lot pieroc
i will try it.. but virtuadubmode is like after effects ?
cheers mate

Jais

Post by Jais »

A last question, if the video is 400x300, the quality of the visuals is still good on a big screen??

asbach

Post by asbach »

hmm, thats a difficult to anwer question.
our footage is 320x240px.

we are trying to connect all output devics via vga cabling, and the output is surprisingly good and you do not see any pixels (if you use metaimage or filmstrip you will see pixles, but also difficult to see)

On friday we had a gig with a LCD beamer again, the output was jerky.
But if we use our own 600EUR DLP beamers, you have a very fine, nothing to worry about, image.

i think the video equipment and output signals you use have a immense impact on the output quality - thats what it looks like from my 4 years of VJing side of view

[Edited on 4-4-2005 by asbach]

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Motion JPEG

Post by gpvillamil »

Motion JPEG works pretty well. If you use a relatively high compression setting (for example 15 in PicVideo) the bitrate is quite low, and takes a lot of stress of the hard drive.

pieroc

Post by pieroc »

Virtualdubmode is not like after effects, it's just a tool you can use to compress, resize, crop, filter clips. It's free, it can run batch jobs and it works very very well ... definitely worth using it. As asbach said, onscreen quality depends also on the kind of processing you perform ... you'll learn by playing a bit with your clips, anyway i got pretty cool results with 400x300 res clips. Have a good day.