I need to connect 3 monitors, is it better to do all 3 via HDMI splitter or 2 HDMI and 1 DVI?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Lennywat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I need to connect 3 monitors, is it better to do all 3 via HDMI splitter or 2 HDMI and 1 DVI?

Post by Lennywat »

Hai, such a question, maybe off topic. I need to connect 3 monitors, is it better to do all 3 via HDMI splitter or 2 HDMI and 1 DVI?

Lennywat

Re: I need to connect 3 monitors, is it better to do all 3 via HDMI splitter or 2 HDMI and 1 DVI?

Post by Lennywat »

As I understood, they carried me to a separate topic, therefore I will add. I understand that much will take care of the quality of the splitter, here are 2 variants that I want FosPower FOSAV-2157 or Zettaguard ZW-140. So, the first has many ports and HDСP support, the second has many video support formats (URL moderated.) Based on these variants, the question remains the same)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: I need to connect 3 monitors, is it better to do all 3 via HDMI splitter or 2 HDMI and 1 DVI?

Post by Arvol »

It depends on your application. Are all 3 of your sources going to be next to each other to form one giant canvas? If so I would recommend using a FX4.

If the outputs will be away from each other and sync isn't an issue, then it really doesn't matter. The issue you will run into is screen tearing if your outputs are not a Quadro series card.

You will want to make sure your UI is on a monitor connected to your high performance GPU (such as Nvidia or AMD) and make sure this GPU is configured to do the rendering.

Lennywat

Post by Lennywat »

They are close by, the video card from Nvidia 1060 TI
Two monitors for montage, one for entertainment during the render
Képernyőfotó 2019-02-13 - 18.33.05.png

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

A splitter will just copy the Signal you Input to as many Outputs as it got.

so Signal A will get A´ & A´´ & A´´´

All the same Image....

What you need is a different tool. You need 3 seperate Screens so your GFX Card will have to render 3 independent signals.

A & B & C

https://resolume.com/support/en/lots-of-outputs
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Lennywat

Post by Lennywat »

But what about the screen expansion function? and what about the tool?

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

How many outputs are spare on your 1060 card? Do you need more outputs? Or just a couple of adaptors.

To get more “output” from a single HDMI socket you will need an output expander, for example a Triplehead2go or my favourite, a Datapath X4.

Simple HDMI splitters will just give you multiple copies of the same information.

I’m not sure what tools you’re referring to in your last post.

Lennywat

Post by Lennywat »

Thanks