Synchronized slices

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Synchronized slices

Post by Zoltán »

Clips have their own timelines running behind the scenes.
If those are disturbed by not getting the same amount of CPU cycles, they can get thrown out of sync.
This should not happen easily however for BPM synced clips, so I guess the auto pilot timing is a factor here also.

If you need the clips stay in perfect sync, it would be best to render them into a single clip, or launch the columns with an external signal.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

steve88
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by steve88 »

He2neg wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 13:21 I just set up a quick test with solid color sources and they stay in sync.
Incredible, I did a lot of tests with DXV encoded video clips. If there is something wrong with my composition this may be a happy ending.
Thank you very much for your time, I'm going to do further tests (maybe next week) and I'll fly you in.
Best regards
Zoltán wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 13:35 If you need the clips stay in perfect sync, it would be best to render them into a single clip, or launch the columns with an external signal.
OK so an excessive load on the CPU could affect the sync. thanks!

steve88
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by steve88 »

Hi all! I made some tests and it appears that (with my hardware) sync is guaranteed on generative media only.