Multi-camera setup through thunderbolt - how can I do this?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
davidzavid
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Multi-camera setup through thunderbolt - how can I do this?

Post by davidzavid »

Hi there!

I've been trying to solve this problem for a live setup with cameras, but can't find the right answers...

This is what I need the live setup to do:

I'm building up a show with live cameras + pre-recorded videos which will be launched via MIDI or SMPTE through Resolume (I'm still trying to understand which of them are more safe from errors). At some point, I'll need to launch 6 layers of video simultaneously, 3 of them pre-recorded and 3 LIVE from the cameras onstage. All of this will have to be totally automatic through mapping being received via MIDI or SMPTE. What I'm failing to understand is the best video device to capture the live cameras through HDMI and into the mac thunderbolt. I don't want this to be a bulky system, so I need ONE video device that can receive up to 4 cameras via HDMI and that can be recognized by Resolume individually.

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding the video device that I should use for this to work?

Thank you!

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Multi-camera setup through thunderbolt - how can I do this?

Post by Empyfree »

What resolution cameras? Three or four cameras into a quad multi-viewer, then capture the combined quad signal using one HDMI capture card (BM mini recorder etc).

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Multi-camera setup through thunderbolt - how can I do this?

Post by Empyfree »

Have a read through this thread. It’s from a few months ago but lots of useful info (especially from Oaktown!)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17308&hilit=Multi+camera