FX only on Masks - Possible?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
klumbich
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

FX only on Masks - Possible?

Post by klumbich »

Hi there: :-)

Is it possible to colorcorrect a specific area within a Video and leave the rest untouched?
For Example: I have a video with a timecode running underneath. If I do corrections on this clip using the »Levels«-Effect, the timecode is affected as well.
Using a mask will of course allow me to mask out the area and then put the effect on this, but this causes my timecode to vanish.

Please take a look on the image attached. :-)
Thx in advance
klumbich
FrameMask.jpg

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: FX only on Masks - Possible?

Post by He2neg »

Mhmm...
You may can do it with a effect clip above this and then move this efect clip X/Y upwards .....

Never did it but this is what i would try first...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

klumbich

Post by klumbich »

Thx for the response! :-)

Background of this is: We do projectionshows with live-spoken synchronized parts in it. Since we are using different projectors from time to time, we need to calibrate our footage on screen, but NOT the part underneath the video (which contains the timecode and additional infos for the artists), which goes to a different output-slice then.

A Kings-Way would be to put a SINGLE »Levels«-Plugin with ONE single adjustment to the Composition and do the Calibration just for one time for all playing stuff at once (and NOT for every clip in additional layers).

Maybe an other possibility: Can I direct an effect (»Levels«) to a specific Output-Slice?
If so, how?

Thx in advance
Klumbich

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Its just a matter of the Right order off the layers and were you place the effects.

https://resolume.com/support/en/effects

I think there are smart ways for your needs..
You can work with Groups / layer to Slice And place Effects inside the Group or on Layer lvl (i.E.)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Use the Levels effect as an effect clip on the top layer, and then apply a Crop effect after it to limit it to a certain region.
Screenshot 2019-03-12 at 12.42.03.png

klumbich

Post by klumbich »

Brilliant! Thank you very much!
:D

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Joris wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:42 Use the Levels effect as an effect clip on the top layer, and then apply a Crop effect after it to limit it to a certain region.
Thanks for solving...
Crop...was the right word... would it also work with moving the clip via Transform section`?

I think it still would be smart to set up the Comp with groups and stich everything together via the advanced output & slices...
~Berlin~

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

would it also work with moving the clip via Transform section`?
Why don't you try it and report back? I believe in you!

klumbich

Post by klumbich »

:-)
Lets say, I have got 100 colums with 100 VideoClips and 100 Adjustmentclips above them, as Joris suggested.
How do I change a single Adjustment-Layers settings (Here: »Levels«) and force the following 99 Adjustmentlayers to overtake this setting?
Simply overwrite a preset which all Adjustmentlayers share together would be an easy way, but doesnt work here; This only affects the Layer I am in, not the Preset-Sharing ones.

Any clue?
:-)

Joris

Post by Joris »

Why do you need 100 adjustment clips?

If each clip requires a different crop, you're better off rendering them to seperate videos. They'll be synced via SMPTE anyway, so there's not much benefit in muxing them together in post and then separating them again during performance. Noticed that you're not actually synced to an external source...

Does each clip require a different crop?