images to dxv with alley? or alternatives?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
djcyph
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

images to dxv with alley? or alternatives?

Post by djcyph »

It doesn't seem like I can batch convert all images to one dxv file in Alley, unless I'm missing something? I know Adobe Media Encoder is recommended but this setup is for a venue that won't buy Adobe CC.

Any free or relatively cheap alternative for windows?

I also know there is a Spout slideshow plugin that we can try but think I'd rather batch convert images to DXV for smoothest possible playback. Thanks!

AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: images to dxv with alley? or alternatives?

Post by AdevProjects »

In Alley:
I think if you drag in a folder containing the image sequence it loads as a single sequence. Selecting all images at the same time and dragging those all in loads them each individually.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Both Alley and Resolume are able to play image sequences. Alley can batch convert them to DXV as well.

They will recognize a selection of images as a sequence when
1 - the images are in their own subfolder
2 - all the images are named sequentially (frame001.png, frame002.png, frame003.png).

When you have an extra file in there by accident, Resolume/Alley will think it's not a sequence after all and it won't work. As long as the files are named sequentially, you can use PNG, TIFF, JPG, pretty much any image format is fine. You can drag in multiple subfolders at the same time, Resolume/Alley will recognize them as separate sequences.

djcyph
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by djcyph »

Joris wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 Both Alley and Resolume are able to play image sequences. Alley can batch convert them to DXV as well.

They will recognize a selection of images as a sequence when
1 - the images are in their own subfolder
2 - all the images are named sequentially (frame001.png, frame002.png, frame003.png).

When you have an extra file in there by accident, Resolume/Alley will think it's not a sequence after all and it won't work. As long as the files are named sequentially, you can use PNG, TIFF, JPG, pretty much any image format is fine. You can drag in multiple subfolders at the same time, Resolume/Alley will recognize them as separate sequences.
Just tried this with my images and worked!

Just to confirm, if a photographer deletes some files before giving to us, Alley won't include Images after the deleted since the file names are no longe sequential correct? IE: If the files go from Image006 to Image008, it would stop at 6 correct?

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Correct! Like any other software that work with image sequences.
You allways can select all files and rename for a consistent numbered naming. ;)

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by deflost »

hello. how can i change the individual duration of every singel picture? when i converz a subfolder of pics to one dxv video?
thx
r.h
westfernsehen, leipzig

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

deflost wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 19:23 hello. how can i change the individual duration of every singel picture? when i converz a subfolder of pics to one dxv video?
If you drop the folder as Image sequence, there will be an FPS box on the bottom right:
Képernyőfotó 2019-04-09 - 15.08.16.png
Setting this to a value, you can set the frame rate of the clip. Then the conversion of this sequence will happen at the frame rate you set.

If you need to do different durations for every image, I'd suggest to use a video editor instead.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu