New Kid in Town: VJ Spack-O-Mat

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
trifox
Is taking Resolume on a second date

New Kid in Town: VJ Spack-O-Mat

Post by trifox »

Hi all, i think i have some interesting plans in my pockets and already something to show. recently i published an interactive 3d fractal visualisation software using microsoft kinect, the name of that software is spack-o-mat. as follow up of this event i experienced my first resolume driven vj set. i am mainly a programmer kind of guy, and my plan is to share most of the visualisation techniques i use, for that purpose i have created a facebook page to inform people of interest about used techniques and publish techniques. at this time i mainly use pixel shader scripts mostly from shadertoy.com and modify them, after a liveset i am going to publish my modifications. as a starter i have published a first script in the facebook page. right now i am writing some plugins for resolume because that DXV codec is quite annoying in dealing with some long (quasi-)looped stuff because i do not want to have much loops in my sets i do long renderings but ending up with a 10 gig file for just 10 minutes of animation is quite huge. so expect some resolume plugins (for windows) from me as well i have finished one today and will see how i can publish this thing. one plugin in the future will certainly feature live control of 3d fractals using kinect ;)

long talking now for the links

the official facebook page of mine for that purpose, publishing dates, scripts, footage, plugins through that channel:
https://www.facebook.com/VJSpackOMat

some direct links:

Spack-O-Mat Presentation at Evoke2014 Computer Party Cologne:
phpBB [video]

Footage Script Render Example
phpBB [video]

so, follow me to make me eager to feed you all with interesting stuff :D
lol, and hello @all

Taksha
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: New Kid in Town: VJ Spack-O-Mat

Post by Taksha »

Yeah great Work! Really awesome that you already made it with fractals!

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

could you share how you got the rigged avatar to react so well to the kinect skeletal tracing ? Ive tried quite some ways & models but they are always so wonky jittery with exorcists heads and limbs in wrong angles

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

omg man the kali living creature plugin :o :o :o i just wet my pants ! Waw what an addition to resolume !