RTX2070 issues with iGPU

Bro, does your rig even lift?
jordaneast1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

RTX2070 issues with iGPU

Post by jordaneast1 »

Hi guys,

Having some weird issues with multiple GPUs.

I've got an RTX2070 and onboard intel graphics (asus z370-e).

I enabled iGPU with the hopes of running my monitor off the onbaord gpu and 3 projectors of my 2070.

Resolume would not use the dedicated card. I enabled PCie as primary card in BIOS. I enabled Max performance in NVIDIA console. I enabled max performance (2070) in display settings for Resolume. Tried a few VSYNC options, nothing worked and I was getting 8fps, and weirdly enough the FPS counter and Display Info were all blocky. I updated both Nvidia and Intel drivers.

Not a huge issue as i can disable iGPU & run 4 monitors out of my GPU but I would like to know why it is not working.

Cheers

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: RTX2070 issues with iGPU

Post by Arvol »

You're braver than I am trying to use an eGPU.

In your Nvidia control panel under 3D settings and Arena6 for your app. Do you have it set to use High-Performance dedicated RTX2070 GPU?
What driver are you using? The Nvidia Studio edition?

When you go into the Output drop down menu in Resolume there is a setting that says "Show Display Info"

When you click that, on your output screen, what does it listed as your Rendering GPU? The 2070?

jordaneast1

Post by jordaneast1 »

Hey mate, thanks for the reply.

I'm not too familiar with what an eGPU does, but i was hoping to solely run my perfomance monitor off the inbuilt gpu, and my projectors off my dedicated gpu.

I had set the 3d settings to High Performance (rtx2070).

Weirdly, when i had eGPU running, when i enabled Show Display Info, all the text was represented as white squares instead of letters in the output screen. I didnt screenshot it as I reverted to dedicated gpu but I'm gonna try again so i will post a screenshot.

If you have any other advice on how i could do my setup it would be appreciated?

Currently I would like to run 4 projectors and two monitors. I have 4 outputs on my rtx2070 (2x displayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x USB-C) and two outputs on my moptherboard (1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI). Do you know if you can split an output into two with some kind of hub?

Thanks,

Jordan

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I would recommend using a FX4 for your projectors, coming off a single output from your GPU

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

jordaneast1 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 09:02 Hey mate, thanks for the reply.

I'm not too familiar with what an eGPU does, but i was hoping to solely run my perfomance monitor off the inbuilt gpu, and my projectors off my dedicated gpu.

I had set the 3d settings to High Performance (rtx2070).

Weirdly, when i had eGPU running, when i enabled Show Display Info, all the text was represented as white squares instead of letters in the output screen. I didnt screenshot it as I reverted to dedicated gpu but I'm gonna try again so i will post a screenshot.

If you have any other advice on how i could do my setup it would be appreciated?

Currently I would like to run 4 projectors and two monitors. I have 4 outputs on my rtx2070 (2x displayPort, 1x HDMI, 1x USB-C) and two outputs on my moptherboard (1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI). Do you know if you can split an output into two with some kind of hub?

Thanks,

Jordan
Traditionally the graphics card with the GUI is the video card that does the processing, so that setup doesn't work.

There is a new option that allows you to choose the OPENGL video card but i would still go with what resolume has historically said.

Your GUI graphics card is the graphics card that does all the work. So your not even using the EGPU with that setup.

jordaneast1

Post by jordaneast1 »

Hey Drazkers,

Thanks for the info, you are correct! I tried again with my primary monitor/GUI plugged into my dedicated card and it seems to be doing all the processing now, even with a projector coming off my motherboard. Doesnt seem to casue any perfomance issues either. good stuff

Thanks for your help guys