bpm sync with midi

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
James88
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: bpm sync with midi

Post by James88 »

That was djwildfires screenshot, I’ve tried starting and stopping the clock from the mixer and I can see it starting and stopping in the extended column in midi preferences, plus the lighting program I use on the same machine can get the bpm from the mixer perfectly fine, I have tried just Resolume without the lighting program and it’s the same, so I might try a midi 5pin to USB adapter and see if that works instead of just taking midi out of the mixer through the USB port. Do you know if you can get the bpm through denon Stagelinq like you can get the track data?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Try stopping the midi clock on the mixer, start up Resolume, and enable the mixer's midi clock,
Then start the midi clock on the mixer.
You should see the Clock Start message come in in the Midi Inspector. That's necessary for Resolume to be able to start sync.
You could also try to select Switch to manual on stop option in the Clock input settings.
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2019-06-07 - 12.10.32.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

James88
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by James88 »

Thanks for your reply and help Zoltán
After talking with Denon as well, it turns out that the X1800 mixer doesn't send out a midi start command. So I have been trying TimeCodeSync to get the bpm from the Denon SC5000 players to sync with Resolume and that works well

Thanks for your help
Attachments
Screen Shot x1800 resolume.png