In all modesty I would like to see 2 simple things...

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
barthvis
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: In all modesty I would like to see 2 simple things...

Post by barthvis »

Even more important: make the slider Midi/OSC mappable.
In that way you can assign a MIDI controller to it and don't have to use the mouse to fiddle with that nearly invisible grey square.

If that is not possible, make it bright green! :-)

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

With the festival season coming up I think this question deserves a little kick in the nuts up, so our heavenly fathers who are coding Resolume could do something about a high contrast/midimappable slider... :D :D

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

What slider are you needing the contrast changed on?
I'm assuming it's the scroll bar under the clips so you can move more clips into view?

Until this can get resolved I offer a work around for you:
Create a new layer at the top and turn the intensity all the way to 0, every 34 columns add a solid color input as your clip and use the composition key map to trigger those clips (ie. 1,2,3,4,etc.) I personally run my GUI at 1080p so if you are using a different resolution you'll have to play to see how many columns fit in your view. For 1080p it's 17. So by placing a new clip every 34 (34/2=17) you will get your next clips in view. You will need to go into your general preferences and make sure your "scroll layers and clips into view" is turned on. If you have more than 5 Layers, You might want to position this trigger layer at the bottom or in the middle as it will scroll to make that clip in the view (which might not perfect if you're using a ton of layers).

Personally I use more layers than columns so I can use my mouse scroll wheel to accomplish the view scrolling for me.

I'm a house VJ for a lot and lot of festivals. Been doing this for a while now. I have yet to work a gig that doesn't provide FOH cover (especially when it's drizzly out). As a house VJ I'm in the trenches more than ANYONE that comes to my gig. I set the wall, map it, and run 90% of the show. So I require a covered FOH and more importantly, so does Lighting and Audio...
If you're a guest VJ for the show, you might want to have your TM add a canopy or roof for your FOH requirements.
My production company has built spec for spec required plexi-glass FOH drink shields for Bassnectars LD on 2 different occasions. Having your TM request for a covered FOH shouldn't be too much to ask, coming from the guys who set it up... It's common practice.
There's always that one time of the day (usually about 30 min) when the sun hits you just right... Well that sucks! It's apart of the gig. Personally there's 2 things I don't leave home without: A laptop cooler and my home-made cardboard sun shade for my laptop, I use the cooler all day and I use my sun shade for about 30 min a day. I just gaff it on to the back of my screen and I'm good to go. (A handy trick I picked up from guitar teching for 8 years. Works GREAT on tuner pedals as well kids...)

Hoping a few of these suggestions will bring you some luck.

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Would a simple hood work on the monitor? If its touch screen that can be tricky if the hood goes all the way around.

Get ready for this idea.. You will probably think this is stupid but I love mad scientist things.
If you like looking like your a mercenary out of splinter cell.
What about a evf view finder https://www.abelcine.com/store/Aspectra ... iewfinder/
Mount http://www.pulsar-nv.com/products/tube- ... mount-kit/
or like this lol. https://youtu.be/-JsGggcQRTM?t=981
I would say oh use a vr headset but obviously you want to be able to see the stage too.

mikefynn
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mikefynn »

Hi, I second this request from five years ago to delete all empty columns to the right. Can it maybe be a right click, remove all columns to the right. Thanks.

I understand your predicament regarding the CMD Z, too many clever things going on in the background.

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

It's actually funny to see this coming up again, but with the BIG DIFFERENCE that the columnslider now is midi mappable and I'm using this ever since....
But punching a hole in all happiness, the multiple column removal still doesn't exist, and while sh*tting in my own topic I could ask a new request, however it probably would force me to upgrade till R7, could there be a swap preview/output monitor thingy please? I really would love to have a bigger preview screen instead of an oversized output screen that I can see happen live in front of me on 40m² of LED screen, and now when I try to time something beatmatched or so with the parameters in a clip or FX, I have to shift with the decks up down and comp/layer and clip left right to make it somewhat visible or bigger, while to output screen is always the first to grow...
It's like your big brother that always gets the most attention, the biggest bike or the first kiss from a hot chick while you as the second has to wait until your finally big enough :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

We have a ticket for multiple column selection ;)
Yuckfou157 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 00:07 could there be a swap preview/output monitor thingy please?
I see how this could be useful.

And yes, you'd probably need to upgrade if these get implemented.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:18
Yuckfou157 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 00:07 could there be a swap preview/output monitor thingy please?
I see how this could be useful.

And yes, you'd probably need to upgrade if these get implemented.
I'll upgrade happily when this gets implemented, also I saw that Chaser needs some work to be done before it works in 7 so as I stated on that FBpage, when Chaser works on 7 it could be about time to upgrade.
Also most of the minor bugs and fixes will be done then (like with 6...) so we'll switch eventually, of course we do, I just needed some justifiable reasons to do :mrgreen: