Arena, Quadro P4000 and Bluefish444 Supernova 4K

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
uros.vasiljevic.ps
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena, Quadro P4000 and Bluefish444 Supernova 4K

Post by uros.vasiljevic.ps »

Hello guys!

First of all - thanks for the awesome software and great community, I have just barely started using it and exploring all the features, and already fell in love :)

Now for the problem that keeps me from exploring it further - I am experiencing Arena instability issues. After a certain amount of time live inputs start behaving strange - they lag, freeze, switch between only two frames, etc. Ultimately Arena stops responding and crashes to desktop.

System Configuration:

Emerson UPS
HP Z8 Workstation
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, Build 17763.529
NVMe boot drive
Dual Intel Xeon 4110 @ 2.10 GHz
48GB ECC RAM
nVidia Quadro P4000
Dual Bluefish444 Supernova 4K cards set for 8 SDI inputs (on market as Bluefish444 Epoch | 4K Supernova S+ TURBO)
Arena ver 6.1.3 rev63441

According to the Windows Event Viewer, OpenGL driver is the last error before the crash, sometimes it states that Arena requested more memory than is available in the system, sometimes that it can't communicate with the display driver. I tried nVidia driver versions 419.67, 425.31, and currently the version 431.02 is installed. I performed clean driver installs every time.

I also tried OS reinstall, the issue persisted, I will attach logfiles from the last test after the OS reinstall.

The composition that I use for the test is very simple, it contains one .mp4 animation on two layers, and one still image over which two SDI inputs from the cards are overlayed (one from each card). Output is 5760x1080 over three FHD monitors.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Uroš
Attachments
2806_29062019_Logs.zip
(579.07 KiB) Downloaded 423 times

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena, Quadro P4000 and Bluefish444 Supernova 4K

Post by Zoltán »

If you see the Crash reporter dialog pop up after Resolume crashes, please fill in your email address and send it to us, so we can see what's going wrong in Resolume.
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

uros.vasiljevic.ps

No, nothing pops up. I keep Task manager and BlueInfo windows open for resource monitoring, they keep going, Arena just disappears :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you please send us the Resolume log file via the feedback tab in preferences?
Thanks!
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

uros.vasiljevic.ps

Just sent the log file.

Thanks!

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Can you try converting your mp4 file to DXV3 to see if that might be part of the issue?

uros.vasiljevic.ps

I will, and since we're at it - the issue happened with HAP as well on one occasion.

I will report back as soon as i have a result.

Thanks for the suggestion

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

uros.vasiljevic.ps wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 00:11 I will, and since we're at it - the issue happened with HAP as well on one occasion.

Does bluefish have a directshow driver now? Also resolume supports HAP but not HAPQ for GPU playback, just a heads up.

uros.vasiljevic.ps

Oaktown wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 14:55 Can you try converting your mp4 file to DXV3 to see if that might be part of the issue?
The same happened with DXV3 yesterday, NVIDIA OpenGL error stating that Arena requested more GPU memory than is available in the system.
drazkers wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 07:12
uros.vasiljevic.ps wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 00:11 I will, and since we're at it - the issue happened with HAP as well on one occasion.

Does bluefish have a directshow driver now? Also resolume supports HAP but not HAPQ for GPU playback, just a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up, and yes, they do support DirectShow. BlueNitro Filter is installed by default, but you can register DirectShow Filter afterwards. That is what you would have to do to be able to use external output from vMix, for example

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks for the log, unfortunately it doesn't show related information.

Do you see crashes in other programs, like OBS too?