Edge fade on an irregular slice, how to?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
vesatel
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Edge fade on an irregular slice, how to?

Post by vesatel »

Hello!

I'm designing a projection map on a surface consisting of multiple irregular polygons (with 3 to 5 corners each). Each polygon is going to have its own (pref. polygon) slice for routing and geometry correction. In addition, I would like an easy way to have an edge fade for each individual polygon, so that the shape of the vignette follows whatever correction is being done in advanced output.

I will have a rough 3D of the surface available beforehand so photoshopping a tailored mask image for each polygon is not totally out of the question. There are however quite a few of them, and trying to juggle them is going to be a pain due to the heavy geometry correction and edge blending needed. As such, I would like to hear any ideas on how to achieve this somewhat automatically.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Edge fade on an irregular slice, how to?

Post by drazkers »

Have you thought of using the 3d functionality of mad mapper being feed from resolume?

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

I also tried a lot to get this nativ inside Arena.

The end: wont work good...

Problems:
when you just transform your slice to a rectangle or something you will have different speeds on the sides

Its no problem for square slices all other forms need to be costom content made before the show.

my work around was to use tagtool and paint it while setup and then record a loop.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

How about putting a white solid color into a masking layer, then dropping the slices onto the solid color clip to be a slice transform, set the slice transform to masking mode, and put a blur after the slice transform?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

you can get a edge on every form of slice with that also a pulse is pssible... what i didnt get is a "moving" line following the boarder of the slice ;)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

He2neg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 20:48 you can get a edge on every form of slice with that also a pulse is pssible... what i didnt get is a "moving" line following the boarder of the slice ;)
Drop a Radar effect, and an edge detect into the mix at the right places ;)
Képernyőfotó 2019-07-09 - 23.25.12.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Yes ;) but as a radar is a circle you will get different speeds when following the shape

I know we can get very close but its not perfect still....
~Berlin~