Animated DMX parameters

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
paull
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Animated DMX parameters

Post by paull »

Have you a timeline on when you will be making the Parameters in the New Fixture tab available to be animated like it says in the hover over help.

If these Parameters where able to be animated, I could use them to run Moving heads and other lights.

Currently I am trying to use Freestyler for this, but would much prefer one piece of Software.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Animated DMX parameters

Post by He2neg »

a fixture is just a fixture.... it is just a static information sheet on how many channels your lamp use and what channel do what....

animation you can get via the comands on this channels... so a white image will give you 255 on the channel and black will give you 0.

The artnet/dmx output of arena is mostly for non moving led fixtures ( so just the color & brightness) and that work very easy.
When you want to have some movinghead movements inside arena you will need to work with (at least) 2 workarounds :ugeek:
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

paull

Post by paull »

Working with moving heads is exactly what I want to do. But How in Resolume???

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

you ll need to build some dummy clips to get the right values wich are then translated into dmx...

Grab the color from your vj clips and the rest from a dummy layer

so i.e. when you have a solid color (white) and fade this clip from 0 -100% you can get the dmx values from 0 - 255 when you now send this values to the pan channel of your moving head then the moving head will pan from 0 - 100 (position)

Ofc you can have multiple solid colors in one clip and controlle many fixtures / channels inside one clip.

you may see now that resolume is not a software for moving fixtures but with some work it can work and then you spare the extra software....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~Berlin~

paull

Post by paull »

Thanks very much, that will work in some of my set-ups. For larger events I will use Freestyler

It seems a shame as Resolume is very solid and it would be great to use just one program.

Maybe something for the future......

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Resolume never was and never will be a light software...
~Berlin~

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

are you sure though? :roll:
We have ideas on supporting dmx clips some time. You'd have clips to which you can add fixtures so you can control their parameters. This is a lot of work though. We dont have a set timeframe on when/if we're going to work on this so yeah for now you're at the mercy of workarounds and other software programs.

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

Menno wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 13:37 are you sure though? :roll:
We have ideas on supporting dmx clips some time. You'd have clips to which you can add fixtures so you can control their parameters. This is a lot of work though. We dont have a set timeframe on when/if we're going to work on this so yeah for now you're at the mercy of workarounds and other software programs.
Its totaly up to you if you want to make moving fixtures work inside resolume.
I guess i will also love if resolume can handle some minor moving fixtures =*

But it is a Video Software and allways will be ;)
~Berlin~

He2neg

Post by He2neg »

As i´m just myselfe i did the digging and here i found the old dmx helper...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12513
http://palffyzoltan.hu/?url=programs&a=dmxhelper

Im not sure if it still work in Resolume 6 / 7
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

He2neg wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 14:33 As i´m just myselfe i did the digging and here i found the old dmx helper...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=12513
http://palffyzoltan.hu/?url=programs&a=dmxhelper

Im not sure if it still work in Resolume 6 / 7
That's still Quartz Composer, which is not supported above R5, and also only for mac.

Should be pretty easy to create something similar in FFGL, for someone who knows how to write FFGL, and has the time for it.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu