Resolume Arena 6.1.2 Black Screen Blink

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
iavorangelov
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Resolume Arena 6.1.2 Black Screen Blink

Post by iavorangelov »

Zoltán wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 13:54
iavorangelov wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 13:35 However do you dismiss the Edge Detection possibility I mentioned?
Edit: Also, creating a new composition will keep the currently loaded shortcut presets active, so your midi controller will be able to control your new composition also.
Indeed but I don't keep my midi controllers turned on.
I was paying attention to my GPU History via Activity Monitor but it turned out it doesn't have any relation to the issue.
Thank you for trying to help!

Spencer A. Smith

Post by Spencer A. Smith »

Hello, I'm also having the same problem. I'm running two servers that appear to be producing the same error. I would think that this is related to the clip since I've removed all effects from all layers.

It seems to only be happening at the beginning of the show when resolume has not sent signal for a little while.

My whole show is timecoded and I only run two layers at the same time throughout the duration of the show. The output usually blinks for a second on one or both of my screen slices, but has frozen completely on one of them a couple times. If I slide the layer faders quickly up and down it usually picks up again but it's super nerve wracking not knowing if the show if going to start smoothly or it's going to hiccup.

Once the first clip plays it sometimes happens on the second clip and then it doesn't happen again for the rest of the show. Think it might be related to VRAM? How might one improve this if no extra programs are running in the background?

Please help

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Spencer A. Smith wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 08:20 Hello, I'm also having the same problem.
Do you have Resolume 6.1.3 and the latest drivers for your GPU?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

iavorangelov

Post by iavorangelov »

Hello guys!

I am still fighting with the blinking issue, but unfortunately without any success. However here is an interesting update from me after a lot of different tests:

I took one random VJ loop and loaded it in two completely new compositions (both without any saved mappings or settings) - one composition in Resolume 5 and one composition in Resolume 6.
The clip plays just fine in both Resolume 5 and 6 until I add some effects to the clip itself. I added exactly the same processing to both (2 effects).
The result - the output of Resolume 6 started having the blink issue I am talking about; the output of Resolume 5 does not.
After a lot of testing and trying different things out I am still having this issue only in Resolume 6.
The random blink occurs with different clips not with all of them.

It has never happened on clips that are free from effects on them. But as most of my clips have some effects on them it happens with most of them.

That's pretty much it for now! I will keep fighting. Any help would be welcomed.

iavorangelov

Post by iavorangelov »

Here is another interesting thing that just happened to me:

Resolume was playing a random clip with the Edge Detection effect on it. The black screen blink issue occurred and while the screen was black I clicked the BYPASS button. At that point I was able to see the video playing underneath just fine. Then when I clicked the BYPASS button again the black screen came back. As the whole black screen phenomenon is occurring for usually 6-8 seconds I was able to turn the effect on and off a couple of times and it gave me the same results - it was like giving an ON and OFF to a Black Screen.

Seemed like the Edge Detection effect was giving a black screen output for a couple of seconds - masking the whole clip underneath.

However this issue does happen on clips that don't have the Edge Detection effect. So my guess is that the problem has something to do with rendering the image.

Would be interesting to hear your thoughts!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you please send us the Resolume log file via the feedback tab in preferences?
Thanks!
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

iavorangelov

Post by iavorangelov »

yep!

Taksha

Post by Taksha »

I got the same issue too. No OSC or MIDI Mapped, only a blank fresh default deck.
It happens with the demo content - only the FFGL generators running without a black screen blinking from times to times. I will run a longer test.

flopedais

Post by flopedais »

Hi! I'm having the exact same problem, there's a random blink that lasts a few seconds in every clip. It's always at a random moment, never in the same place more than once.
How can I fix this?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

flopedais wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 22:13 Hi! I'm having the exact same problem, there's a random blink that lasts a few seconds in every clip. It's always at a random moment, never in the same place more than once.
How can I fix this?
I'd start with updating Resolume to 6.1.3, and making sure my GPU drivers are up to date.