Playbak jumps between decks

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SergioCaparelli
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Playbak jumps between decks

Post by SergioCaparelli »

Hello Resolume world!
Im relatively new to Arena and im having a little problem i cant quite figure out a workaround.
I have a deck with several clips in a layer in autopilot, making a big loop. If mid playback i change to another deck, lets say to arrange something, when the clip playing ends, it jumps to a different clip in this deck im viewing.

Is there a way to lock playback to a single deck??
For now im not switching decks during playback and thats it. But i see accidents happening in the near future XD
The show is in a few hours, wish me luck haha

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Playbak jumps between decks

Post by pfelberg »

This is very unusual.
Resolume does not do that. Changing decks should not stop, modify, change the playing clip at all.
What version are you running?

My guess is that somehow you might have a keyboard issue: auto selecting a key randomly or everytime you switch a deck, selecting/playing another clip.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

So, you have a layer set to Auto pilot,
then you play a clip in this layer, and switch to a different deck.
The clip ends and a new clip from the current deck is launched.
Right?

That's because you told the layer via the auto pilot setting, to launch a new clip when the currently playing clip has ended.
If you'd like auto pilot to stop on deck switch, you need to disable auto pilot, when you switch decks in Resolume 6.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

SergioCaparelli

Thanks for the reply Zoltan!
Im running Arena 6.1.2. on Pc. I just double checked what you told me, but Autopilot is OFF on the layer. Im using autopilot on the clips, to play them in sequence.
Lets say column1 is playing, when i switch to another de deck it jumps to column2 on the new deck. Even when using the play specific clip option it jumps between de decks. Im gonna try this on a Mac when i get the chance

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Any reason you're still on 6.1.2? The latest Arena 6 is 6.1.3.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

SergioCaparelli

Not really! If its working, dont touch it, but its time to upgrade i guess, maybe is some kind of bug¿?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Well, the Auto pilot to specific clip should not launch a clip in the new deck, that's a bug which is fixed in version 7.

Having a clip set to Play the next clip, and launching a clip in the new deck is also quite expected, but we've changed it in version 7, so that only the layer auto pilot settings are followed when changing decks.