DOME projection with Resolume 5

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
daxx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

DOME projection with Resolume 5

Post by daxx »

Hi all,
I'm doing a full dome projection (in a planetarium in Belgium) in 2 weeks.
Normally there is a fixed install with 2 beamers covering the entire dome.

Since I'll be VJ'ing there I will have to map the beamers myself to the dome using ARENA 5.

Any tips / advice on how to do this best since it's the fist time I will map a dome.

Tnx
Dax

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: DOME projection with Resolume 5

Post by drazkers »

What software does the dome normally use?

5AMvisual
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by 5AMvisual »

daxx wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:41 Since I'll be VJ'ing there I will have to map the beamers myself to the dome using ARENA 5.

Any tips / advice on how to do this best since it's the fist time I will map a dome.
Did you end up using Resolume or another software ?

I'm expected to do a full dome projection for a corporate event on a 19 or 24m radius dome.
I'm planning on using 2 Panasonic PT-RQ32K in combination with the ET-D3LEF70 lens.

Looking at different software options atm.
Sam
  • HacPRO (Win10/OSX10.13 Render+Mediaserver)
  • i9 9900K OC - 64Gb RAM - NVIDIA Titan Xp 12 GB VRAM
  • MBP 2018 15" - Livid Ohm RGB - Arturia BeatstepPro - DJTT Midifighter Twister
  • Bome MTP - Vezér

alfaleader
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by alfaleader »

Planning something similar with a dome with diameter of 16m, we plan on using 5x 10.000lumen beamers.

Did something similar a while ago with 4 beamers in resolume 5 and I remember I had to split up each beamer in 2 slices to "split" the left and right blends.

DomeLover
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by DomeLover »

Hi guys, If you are looking for a Windows 10 solution to map your Resolume project into a dome with 2 or more projectors, check NestMap. It will do what you want and event do autocalibration with a webcam. No more time wasted to do it manually, NestMap send calibration patterns to each projectors and take around 15s per projector to calibrate. Then, send your dome master video from Resolume to NestMap with Spout and NestMap will do the real-time slicing and blending for you. Try the Beta version, it's free and it work great with many fisheye webcam and it's simple to use. We successfully tested it with two 4k projectors setup, 8x HD projectors setup (single video card), with a 4k x 4k @ 60 fps Spout video feed.

More info at:
http://nestimmersion.ca/nestmap

Hope this help you !
More Dome for a world wide Domination !