HSBA Color parameters coming back from host with different values - Resolume v7

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

HSBA Color parameters coming back from host with different values - Resolume v7

Post by subpixel »

Hey Resolume team,

I'm debugging an FFGL with a set of color parameters (FF_TYPE_HUE, _SATURATION, _BRIGHTNESS, _ALPHA) and see some unexpected values.

I start out with some default values for black - hsba(0, 0, 0, 1) - and Resolume updates the saturation and brightness parameters with small-but-nonzero values (0.00100000005).

Does Resolume internally convert to RGB and back again? If not, what else might be going on?

-spxl
2019-09-03 spxlSubAdd Plugin - SendParams FF_SETPARAMETER sending nonzero value instead of zero.png

subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: HSBA Color parameters coming back from host with different values - Resolume v7

Post by subpixel »

Answering my own question:

Having played with the HSB sliders in the picker widget, it is clear that colour information does a round-trip through conversion to RGB and back to HSB. eg if you have the brightness set to zero, the value sent by Resolume for the saturation parameter is always "zero" (a small number around 0.001), regardless of the position of the slider.

Can this reasonably be changed to access the raw HSB slider values?

It could be possible that some filters are affected by not receiving perfect black.

-spxl

Menno
Team Resolume

Re: HSBA Color parameters coming back from host with different values - Resolume v7

Post by Menno »

Good catch!
Fixed in 7.0.3