Networking dj to resolume question - ndi

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
djcyph
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Networking dj to resolume question - ndi

Post by djcyph »

So i can successfully have my mac come up as a network ndi source through a wireless network and sync BPM using LINK on my home wifi.

For gigs I don' want to use wireless obviously. Is best bet direct Ethernet connection computer to computer?
I also have a 5 ports network switch. Is it better with that? Can you do ad-hoc network with either method? Do you ever need a router with internet hooked up to switch for it to work?

thanks!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Networking dj to resolume question - ndi

Post by He2neg »

You dont need internet acces for running a network... but you need to set it up correct.

when you never did if before it can take some time.... so you may will test it at home with the switch and not your wifi....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

djcyph
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by djcyph »

He2neg wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 21:12 You dont need internet acces for running a network... but you need to set it up correct.

when you never did if before it can take some time.... so you may will test it at home with the switch and not your wifi....
I haven't done too much research yet but I'm reading that I have to assign IPs manually or a setup one computer as DCHP server. Does that sound right?

Thanks!

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

yep.... when you have a router then you can try if its working with dhcp ips

when using a switch set your ip / dns server and stuff manually
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~