V7 License used for V6?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
jasong
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

V7 License used for V6?

Post by jasong »

Can I purchase a V7 license but use it for V6? I have been having a ton of bug issues with V7 and do not trust it yet, but I would like to purchase a V7 license and use V6 until it becomes more stable. Is this possible? I cannot find anything about this on the website. Thanks!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: V7 License used for V6?

Post by Zoltán »

Version 7 licenses don't work with version 6.
What kind of issues do you have with 7?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

jasong

Post by jasong »

Continual crashing after regular use (no consistent reason, random normal usage), clips not loading correctly, choppy playback (when video was in DXV3 codec, but plays back fine in V6), software crashing overnight consistently, crashing while patching Lumiverses (had to create in V6 and import in V7 to get it to work) are a few of the issues I am running into.

I do not currently have a license, we are testing to see if Resolume is a solution for us. We were looking at purchasing one license to go live with it and roll out from there, but I do not trust V7 as of right now and so I do not think we can go this route. That is why I was wondering if we could run V6 with a V7 license code for the time being, as that seems to be a bit more stable in my testing at this time and something I would trust as our primary.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like you might have a driver issue, or unsupported hardware.
Can you contact us via the feedback tab in preferences, making sure you have Send log file enabled?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

jasong

Post by jasong »

Just submitted Feedback with Log. Thank you!

~Jason