Still seeing the 50/200 bpm midi clock bug

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
fimbulvinter
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Still seeing the 50/200 bpm midi clock bug

Post by fimbulvinter »

Hi,

I'm on the latest Avenue 6 - 6.1.4 rev 65526. Trying to BPM sync from external MIDI clock from Reaper. Confirmed that the clock is sending OK by inspecting in Midi-OX (with the correct BPM detected), and also the Resolume Midi preferences monitor looks fine. But the expected BPM is not reflected in Avenue - instead it switches between 20 and 500. From the release logs I see that this has been a bug before - bug #10734 "Midi Clock jumps to 20 or 500 bpm"... but now it seems to have reappeared? Anyone else seeing this and can something be done about it? :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Still seeing the 50/200 bpm midi clock bug

Post by Zoltán »

Are you using the Low latency - low precision mode in Reaper?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

fimbulvinter
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by fimbulvinter »

No, that option is off. I also tried setting the BPM via OSC - confirmed that Resolume is receiving, say, float32:0.125 on /composition/tempocontroller/tempo - that works, but the natural value sent by Reaper is interpreted as a slightly different tempo by Resolume. (The example - 0.125 is 72 in Reaper, but interpreted as 80 in Resolume. (That would mean the maximum in Reaper is at a slightly weird 576, I don't know if either is a standard or something? To me it looks like maybe the 0-1 range is better suited to knobs and that a raw value of exact BPM would be better for the tempo value?)

Anyway, the conclusion to all this is that OSC doesn't really work for me either at the moment, and the bug persists over MIDI even though the low latency stuff is off. (As mentioned, MIDI-OX receives and handles the BPM correctly from Reaper as well, so it is definitely possible to interpret the current value correctly...)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Weird, the midi clock works fine for me on my windows machine in non Low latency mode.
(On mac I only get one clock message to Resolume for some reason...)

Do you have the latest Reaper?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu