Arena 6 crashes unexpectedly - live video input

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ingunnfs
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 6 crashes unexpectedly - live video input

Post by Ingunnfs »

I´ve had some issues the last couple of days, with Arena 6 unexpectedly crashing when I connect my Blackmagic capture card to the laptop.

This is my setup:
- Arena: version 6.1.4, rev65833
- laptop: MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7. 16GB memory. Graphics: Radeon Pro 460 4 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB.
- live source on stage: Marshall CV503 camera (SDI out), 75m SDI from camera to capture device (the same issue also occurred with only 20m SDI).
- capture device: Blackmagic Ultrastudio Minirecorder (SDI in). Connected to laptop with a Thunderbolt 2 cable + a Thunderbolt 2 / Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)-adapter

Arena unexpectedly closes when I connect the capture device. After 6-7 reboots of software (and laptop), it all of a sudden starts working again. When it’s finally working, it seems stabile as long as the capture card is connected.
I´ve tried rebooting both computer and software in different ways - with all inputs/outputs attached / with no devices attached / switching ports for my devices ++. When booting the software without the capture device connected, Arena seems to work fine untill I connect the capture card and the software closes immediately.
This setup worked just fine earlier this week, before I suddenly experienced the first crash two days ago.

No heavy effects running, just one live input layer with opacity going up / down in the different columns throughout my show, plus one brightness/contrast effect for color adjustments.

Any thoughts on what might cause the crashes?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 6 crashes unexpectedly - live video input

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like an issue we know of, where Resolume is not able to perform the source auto detection and crashes in the drivers.
Try reverting your desktop video drivers to 10.11.4.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Ingunnfs
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Arena 6 crashes unexpectedly - live video input

Post by Ingunnfs »

Hi,
I´ve downgraded the Blackmagic Desktop drivers to 10.11.4 as suggested, and it seems to work stabile. Haven´t experienced any more crashes since the downgrade.
Thanks for the help!