Resolume does not honor windows graphics settings

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sefreso
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Resolume does not honor windows graphics settings

Post by sefreso »

Hello,

I have two GPUs one is internal, one is a eGPU through Thunderbolt 3.

I also have two displays.

When I open Resolume, it always opens on the main display.

Unfortunately, I want my main display to be on the internal GPU and Resolume on the external GPU.

Since Resolume opens on the main display, it uses the internal GPU instead of the external one.

I tried updating Windows 10 "Graphics Settings" to set the "C:\Program Files\Resolume Arena 6\Arena.exe" program to run with my external graphic card.

It does not work, Resolume keeps opening on the main display and use the internal card.

I do the same configuration with Ableton and it works perfectly.

I know when it's working and when it's not since I look a both GPU CPUs and Memory graphs in the Task Manager.

If I update the Main monitor setting in Windows to the display which is connected to the external GPU, then Resolume uses the right card. But I don't want to put the Main display on my external card.

I am using Resolume 6.

Thanks

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume does not honor windows graphics settings

Post by He2neg »

The default ist that resolume use the card were the main screen is plugged into. Thats correct....

Did you try to start Arena with a rightclick - start with XY GPU

Also the rules inside your gpu should also do the trick. Maybe there are some other settings to place inside your intel setup or inside your gpu settings additional to your windows settings..
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

sefreso
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by sefreso »

Thanks for the help.

I tried the "rightclick - start with XY GPU" trick.

I did not know of that.

It doesn't change the issue. I do "right click / Nvidia GPU" and it opens on the main screen and uses the internal GPU.

I don't know about other settings you are mentioning.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

On my System i had intel settings and nvidia settings so i could play around at two places with mostly the same settings...
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume can't change the graphic card to render. It's assigned to Resolume by the drivers and windows.

I'd recommend making a display on your EGPU the primary in windows, and moving the Resolume UI to the internal display.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

What kind of laptop? It is possible that the port you are trying to use is tied to the CPU and not the GPU.

Been running into a few laptops lately where the usb-c with thunderbolt 3 support is actually run off CPU, switching to the generic usb-c port makes output run off GPU.

Easy way to find out, open nvidia control panel and plug in external screen/hardware. If your new screen shows up in control panel, you’re good to go, if it doesn’t show up, you need to change ports

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Whatever GPU your UI is opened on is what Resolume will use to be it's rendering GPU. Move your UI monitor to your eGPU and open the UI on that screen (I'd also make it your "primary monitor")

Hope that TB3 cable doesn't fail during a show ;)