"Autoconvert videos"

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
chq
Is taking Resolume on a second date

"Autoconvert videos"

Post by chq »

Hi,

please think about an "autoconvert" feature.

The main task of this option could be to autoconvert videos (h264 for example) into DXV, so that there would bo no more need to use an external software like alley to convert these files. Pandoras Box (also a media server) for example can do this inside the media server software itself too.

Greetz Chris

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: "Autoconvert videos"

Post by Arvol »

What if I don't have the SSD storage space to convert your opening DJ's 2.5 hour long clip?
Just do your job and batch convert, that's literally what we get paid for ;) :lol:

It takes maybe a few min to do this in Alley (Thanks to their multi-threading).

So I give this request a -1 ;) Sorry :)

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

What would be nice is a “right click menu” option called “send me to Alley then replace me with DXV”... but with a snappier title.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Empyfree wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 21:06 What would be nice is a “right click menu” option called “send me to Alley then replace me with DXV”... but with a snappier title.
Having a right click menu with a "convert" option, that would open the converting portion of the alley app (under the hood), and then convert and replace the current clip with the converted one (keeping the same folder structure as the original file) would be amazing.

For now, just right click the clip and "view in browser" and convert it in alley that way. takes maybe 15 seconds ;)