Ndi does Not show

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Xandertangel
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Ndi does Not show

Post by Xandertangel »

Currently i am on Demo, but planning to buy Arena on Black friday - my Plan is to usw it with mixemergency but ndi is nowhere to be found in the sources - what do i do wrong ? Anyone Can Point me in the Right Direction ? Best regards Alex

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Ndi does Not show

Post by Arvol »

Are both apps on the same computer? Does that app support Spout/Syphon? That would be a better solution than NDI, unless they are 2 seperate machines. Are you running though a router or a switch? If a router, Disable any firewall's or create rules for NDI. Do this as well on your machines.
If you have multiple network interfaces active, you will need to set manual metric's because NDI could be listening on the wrong network. Or disable other networks while using NDI.

What version of Resolume are you using and what version of NDI is your other app sending out?

Xandertangel

Post by Xandertangel »

Well the demo is the latest build 7, i did not even connect the 2nd mac which runs mixemergency, but my problem 1st is that sources does not even show the option of ndi - so is it because the 2nd machine is not connected and nothing comes in ?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

How do you tested your source with the Newtek NDI monitor?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Correct, if you don't have any NDI sources, it isn't going to show up. Turn on NDI output under the Advanced drop down menu and you'll see how the sources populate. Same process goes for external NDI sources. You'll need an active source before anything shows up ;)

Xandertangel

Post by Xandertangel »

Oh ok mate, just thought that Might be the case, i‘ll try tomorrow and gibe Dome Feedback here best regards and thx for your advice