Arena 7 audio issues

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
sonepalma
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Arena 7 audio issues

Post by sonepalma »

Hi, at this moment I’m working on two different projects using resolume arena 7. The first one is a theatrical show controlled by an hp Omen laptop (gtx1070) and a focusrite external board. The second one is a video installation on which in using another Omen laptop again with a 1070 and a cheap usb external audio board.
To make a long story short both projects, after 30/40 minutes of play start having glitches and stutters on the audio output. I already played with buffer size with no luck but the real weird thing is that also with asio drivers the problem still continue bother...
Do you have any idea on how to solve this issue?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Arena 7 audio issues

Post by Arvol »

What codec is the video/audio file you are having issues with?
What is that clips duration?
Can you share the video for testing?
Is it just the one clip or multiple clips?
Thanks

sonepalma

Post by sonepalma »

Videos are dxv3, some normal, some high quality, just one with alpha. Audio is always wav 44100, 16 bit. The first project is a 2k resolution, it holds two video layers and an audio layer. Each layer has only one clip of 8’23’’ which loops at the end. Let’s say that the audio quality which is pretty good on the first loops gets worst, repetition after repetition. After three hours it’s just ugly.
The second project is 3840 by 1200 and holds 7 layers, 6 videos and one audio. Most of the clips contains pngs and few short dxv3 clips. Same issue, after 40 minutes, whatever audio I play it just randomly stutters.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Sounds like a bug.
Just for troubleshooting, could you copy and paste the clips next to each other, rather than looping them, then use auto-pilot? Wonder if it's a cache issue with the loop system, or if playing a fresh clip would be any different?

sonepalma

Post by sonepalma »

Hi Arvol and thanks for your support. I tried using a copy of the clip also duplicating the file so to have a link to a real different files but the issue is still there. It seems like a problem of filled buffer which for some unknown reason just doesn’t work as it’s supposed to... I’d like to avoid midi linking an external software just for playing correctly a bunch of wav... to be honest it seems like a software bug.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Could you share a link to your content? I can test it out in my office and see if I can re-create. At what hour mark should I be hearing distortion? Thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Does the FPS in Resolume also start to drop when the glitches start?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

sonepalma

Post by sonepalma »

Hi Arvol,
I don't feel comfortable sharing the content of these two projects... Sorry, I hope you can understand... By the way the stuttering is completely erratic, never at the same timecode and no, it doesn't affect the FPS at all. The project is kind of stuck at 59/60 fps... Yeee... Yesterday I tried playing the 3840 by 1200 project without connecting resolume to any phisical output but using two virtual WUXGA projectors for almost three hours and I had no stutters. I also kind of realize that if I reboot the system the problem resets but of course it's not a solution... By the way I also experienced in one venue that everything works fine when the light show is off... Could it be an electrical problem?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Without being able to test what you're working with. I can't help any further. Feel free to DM me or email the resolume guys with your content if you can.

I've had a few hour long videos with audio playback with no issues, so My guess is that it might be the file or your audio device? But I can't help narrow it down any further without the file. Sorry

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

sonepalma wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 14:40 By the way I also experienced in one venue that everything works fine when the light show is off... Could it be an electrical problem?
Yes, but you say a Resolume restart solves it for a while?

Already using DI-s?

Video/Audio and Lighting grounds separated, running from different power sources?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu