question about ASUS ZEPHYRUS S (GX701)

Bro, does your rig even lift?
retsamvladimir
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

question about ASUS ZEPHYRUS S (GX701)

Post by retsamvladimir »

has anyone else own this laptop? can this output up to 2 or 3 monitor? thanks :)

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-ZEPHYRUS-S-GX701/

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: question about ASUS ZEPHYRUS S (GX701)

Post by Arvol »

Looks as if it can output 2 monitors. IF those monitors are directly connected to the Nvidia GPU is the question, or are they routed through the Intel chip and only using the Nvidia GPU for rendering? Hopefully not the later.

retsamvladimir
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by retsamvladimir »

Arvol wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 16:49 Looks as if it can output 2 monitors. IF those monitors are directly connected to the Nvidia GPU is the question, or are they routed through the Intel chip and only using the Nvidia GPU for rendering? Hopefully not the later.
Thanks for the comment and hopefully not really the later 😁. In any case what kind of gadget should I have to have another 2 or 3 output? And lastly, can you recommend a good & quality input card? I will just be doing small gigs. I will be really really thankful for any kind of suggestions/recommendations 😁✌️

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Maybe buy a different laptop that can do more outputs without the need for adapters?
For input, I like the Magewell USB cards.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

I also thought about this but i ended with a different brand. My fear for overheating ans the problem with the plugs made me „nope“

My fav supplyer for laptops : www.bestware.com
There its easy in the tec specs of the models what plug is were connected. I love it :)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~