Layer Transition Control Via DMX

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
headlinepros
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Layer Transition Control Via DMX

Post by headlinepros »

Hello all, new here but I did search the forums to see if there was an answer.

Arena 7

I have mapped all my layers transition control to a single DMX channel which works great. However, it then controls the output control of my main output... but only the GUI. It, as it should, leaves the actual output untouched.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Layer Transition Control Via DMX

Post by Arvol »

Sorry, I'm not following.

You have a single DMX channel mapped to all of your layers transition time control, right?
So when you turn that channel up, it turns up the transition time for all of your layers, right?

Is it also turning other parameters up as well? Is that channel mapped to something else or just those transition time controls?

If you open up the applications preference window. then go to DMX, there is a > right arrow at the top right. Use that to help identify what DMX signals the program is receiving. Make sure you're not sending other DMX channels as well.

headlinepros
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by headlinepros »

You have a single DMX channel mapped to all of your layers transition time control, right? Correct
So when you turn that channel up, it turns up the transition time for all of your layers, right?Correct

Is it also turning other parameters up as well? Is that channel mapped to something else or just those transition time controls?This channel only moves the transition controls

If you open up the applications preference window. then go to DMX, there is a > right arrow at the top right. Use that to help identify what DMX signals the program is receiving. Make sure you're not sending other DMX channels as well.Only the one channel is being sent for that parameter.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Layers routed to slices?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

So what is happening when you turn up the transition control channel? is other stuff being modified as well?