sync bpm with Avolites Titan

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
djsky
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

sync bpm with Avolites Titan

Post by djsky »

Hi Guys, I use Avolites Titan to control Resolume, and was wondering if there's a way to synchronise the bpm between both.

I use the Avolites to tap the BPM on a BPM Master. Technically I could constantly output a chase that sends the BPM, but surely that would be overkill for Resolume to continuously receive every beat for several hours.

Is there another way?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: sync bpm with Avolites Titan

Post by Zoltán »

Can you send the TAP action on a DMX channel or OSC?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

djsky

Post by djsky »

It doesn’t look like I can. :-(

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

I tryed to do it via a chaser with gMA via Artnet and it wasnt working smooth... dont know what coused it or why but the bpm form a chaser were not accurate and allways +/- 10-20bpm around the irght value.

We ended up by just use the Tab as dmx to tap it on both systems at the same time and this worked flawless...

so when you somehow can send the tap you do on your avolight to resolume as well then you are set..
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

You'll want to reach out to Avo to see if there's a way you can send the DMX value out of the console on a channel as a float value or if there is a way the console can send out an integer on a channel for each beat.

djsky

Post by djsky »

Yeah, have asked avo, waiting on a response. Is there a way that the Tap button on resolume can output an artnet command? Perhaps then I can make the avo listen to that for the sync.

This hopefully wont be a problem once the whole Pioneer Pro DJ Link becomes a feature on both Avo and Resolume... ;-

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

The tap button can output OSC.
For Artnet, you would need to do some workarounds where you map the tap button to a piano trigger of a white clip and then route that clip to a slice to output via artnet, a protocol converter that converts osc to dmx would be a cleaner way of doing it, but ultimately, having Avo build the feature would be the best feature.

You can also output the BPM as a float value and send that value to Avo as well (with a protocol converter)