Best workflow for live-inputs onto multiple outputs

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mrdenim
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Best workflow for live-inputs onto multiple outputs

Post by mrdenim »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum, but have been working with some basic Resolume setups in the past few years. Now I have a project where I'm unsure about the best workflow in terms of usability and I hope someone here could give me a few tips.
Basically I have 4 live camera inputs and one projector covering the whole stage. The camera inputs will be live processed with video effects, but nothing too complicated. Now my problem is that there are dozens of stage elements those camera outputs have to be projected onto: windows, pieces of furniture, curtains, etc. Not at the same time, but every time one or several cameras on different set of elements.
Right now I have as many layers as I have stage elements to project to. In the output panel I have as many slices as I have layers, each layer corresponding to a slice. So now I have about 40 layers and it becomes increasingly confusing to handle them.
I'd be glad to receive any tips if I'm missing something to simplify my workflow.
Thanks!

boris.lema
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Best workflow for live-inputs onto multiple outputs

Post by boris.lema »

Why not have 4 layers (4 cam inputs) and duplicate those and add slice transform?

AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Best workflow for live-inputs onto multiple outputs

Post by AdevProjects »

Agreed. Slice Transform is an excellent feature:
https://resolume.com/support/en/transfo ... -transform