MSI laptop outputs flashing and shutting down

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
interstellarlighting
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

MSI laptop outputs flashing and shutting down

Post by interstellarlighting »

I am getting this same glitch! it started a few weeks back, only on an external output. the preview has always been smooth for me. Now a few days ago, with resolume open I selected a clip, it started outputting for a min, then the MSI laptop shut down. I started back up and opened resolume and selected a clip again and it started playing but was glitchy again. This happened a few more times that evening. Then last night (after updating resolume) it was running fine for an hour and then randomly my laptop screen and the output screen started flashing black for a second then would come back on. This happened many times and started happening more frequently. I restarted the laptop and disconnected the output and it has continued flashing black on me with nothing but the desktop up. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am running a 1 month old MSI GE75 Raider 9SF:

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-9750H Six Core
16GB DDR4 | 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
17.3" 1920 x 1080 144 Hz IPS Display
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (8GB GDDR6)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: MSI laptop outputs flashing and shutting down

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to separate topic, as the issue you describe is very different form the other thread.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

interstellarlighting

I updated the intel 630 graphics driver and the nvidia driver and the black flashing seems to have stopped, or it was just a temp symptom of the issue still at hand.

Current symptoms:
If I try to open resolume 7 with any HDMI hooked up, it freezes at the splash/loading screen.
If I open resolume 7 without external output, it opens fine. Then hook up an HDMI, my desktop background pops up on external monitor. Then in Advanced output when I select "Display 4" the external monitor turns black and resolume freezes immediately.

Grimm90
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Grimm90 »

As it comes up quite often with MSI's , have you removed everything related to Nahimic audio suite ?
Updated windows & nvidia driver to the latest ?

interstellarlighting

I will attempt to remove that application and its files.
I have indeed updated the drivers to latest.

And as I am typing this my screen just flashed black for a second... Microsoft Edge is the only window I have open.

Not sure if the issues are related but, I am beginning to think this is a hardware issue.