cannot drag files to decks

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

cannot drag files to decks

Post by mfo »

This is not a newbie question, i am using a registered copy of Resolume since about one year, never having the following problem before:

I've bought a new comp, installed the trial version of Resolume (2.1 and 2.2) next to the flash player and all necessary video codecs.
Resolume starts w/o problems, but i cannot drag files from the browser tab to decks. Neither flash films, nor avis or pictures.

I've talked to a friend of mine (who although bought Resolume ...) and -quite surprising for me- he sometimes is having this issue too, but only after tasking/switching to other programs. He normally needs to reboot to get it solved.

Any ideas? Workarounds?

Operating System: WinXP
Processor: Pentium4 3GHz (1MB L2 Cache)
Videocard: Matrox Millenium G450 MMS
Files type: AVI, Flash, Jpegs and Gifs
Codec: Cinepak and MidiJpg

[Edited on 3-5-2005 by mfo]

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sense »

We have the same problem with MS-1 codec. I think it's related to certain codecs, Bart / Edwin any light on this?

Cheers.

Niels / Sense

mfo

Post by mfo »

i'm not so sure about that.
It happens with every kind of filetype on my new comp.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hmm,
Sense i think you are having different problems then MFO, he can't seem to drag any files and you are having problems with MS-1 codec.

Mfo,
the problems you talk about is something that never occured in our test situation.
so i do have to do some testing to see when or how this could problem can occur.
Till then i don't have a workaround, we will be working on bug fixing again in the coming few weeks so i hope we can find out what's wrong.
i will let you know when we find something..

Cheers
Edwin

mfo

Post by mfo »

I perfectly understand that its hard to debug issues one cannot reproduce.

If you need to do tests with a Resolume version outputting debug messages - mail me.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah! I could solve the issue, now even vidNet works fine.
Unfortunaltely i cannot exactly say, what helped.

I installed newer matrox drivers (but those supposedly only added features to the powerdesk software). I installed audio drivers to the onboard sound chip (Realtek surround sound shit for stereo output ...).
And i installed Resolume 2.0.

Just an idea: If it was a bug caused by missing audio drivers, you should add some kind of message to Resolume, otherwise you will get blamed for bugs you probably didn't cause.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Last Post was me, MFO. Have no login here.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi MFO,
thanx for the info, i wil have to look into the audio driver part.
I noticed other people having problems with resolume when the audio drivers were not correctly installed.

Cheers
Edwin

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have same problem.

Clean Winxp sp2
Intel 915/ P4 3.0g
ATI Radeon X600

I try to install the audio driver, but it doesn't work, even browser window (couldn't display other driver besides C:)

any idea?