I have this thing with A7....

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
nickbeardo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: I have this thing with A7....

Post by nickbeardo »

I have the same problems

during a corporate show, everything has gone a bit glitchy - audio synch has dropped out, also a little bit of top end glitch on the audio?

Runninng 7.1.0 on PC Win 10 / i9 / RTX 2080ti - two outputs surrounded at 7680x2160@50hz.

Been running rock solid for last 3 days btw - just started in the middle of the actual show today

Can't reboot as in middle of a 3 hour corporate show - and it's a 28m wide LED screen so rather obvious!

So has this been narrowed down to an Nvidia or Resolume issue?

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

I'm currently investigating this issue and the crash is occurring inside the NVidia driver. The driver is supposed to inform us when it encounters an issue, but instead it crashes. However, this issue does not happen with Arena 6, so there must be something that Arena 7 is doing that triggers this issue. To try and find a solution i'm in contact with NVidia to see if they can help us track down the issue, but so far no luck.

In the meantime i'm trying to narrow down what may be causing it. We've had issues in the past with the following scenarios, are any of these true when you have this issue?
1. Do you keep the ScreenSetup open during the show?
2. Do you keep the DmxMonitor open during the show?
3. Do you have the file browser in thumbnailing mode during the show? And if so, it it generating thumbnails? eg due to moving new footage files into the folder it's showing.

boris.lema
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by boris.lema »

Hey Menno,
Thank you for looking into this. its the only thing thats holding me down to return to R7.

As of the statements below:
1) I dont have my screen settings (windows and/or Nvidia) open.
2) Dont use DMX/artnet that much with resolume so no, not open.
3) The file browser had been open with and without thumbnailing mode, crashes with and without. The thumbnails generate correctly.

I've returned to R6 but if you need help and we can do something to help, please ask. Really want to get R7 up and running ASAP :p.
Menno wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:19 I'm currently investigating this issue and the crash is occurring inside the NVidia driver. The driver is supposed to inform us when it encounters an issue, but instead it crashes. However, this issue does not happen with Arena 6, so there must be something that Arena 7 is doing that triggers this issue. To try and find a solution i'm in contact with NVidia to see if they can help us track down the issue, but so far no luck.

In the meantime i'm trying to narrow down what may be causing it. We've had issues in the past with the following scenarios, are any of these true when you have this issue?
1. Do you keep the ScreenSetup open during the show?
2. Do you keep the DmxMonitor open during the show?
3. Do you have the file browser in thumbnailing mode during the show? And if so, it it generating thumbnails? eg due to moving new footage files into the folder it's showing.

nickbeardo

Post by nickbeardo »

no to all of the above questions.

Menno
Team Resolume

Post by Menno »

These are our current steps to reproduce:
1. create a new composition, drop Video and AV footages to layers 1,2 and 3.
Make some DXV HQ, aplha and non alpha. The video below shows a DXV HQ non alpha flickering.
2. Open ASS, create a new preset and set to an external screen.
3. play all footages once, then disconnect all but one layer, keep a Video only clip playing.
4. leave Resolume running for hours or better a day or more.
5. launch an V or AV clip in a layer that hasn't been played a long time.
6. if the issue doesn't show yet, open ASS or preferences.

I'm trying to narrow this down to see which one of these steps is causing it, but since each test takes a couple of hours this will take me a looong time. If any of you could help me run some tests that would be much appreciated :D

Please test (or let me know if you already tested) if the issue still persist when making the following changes to the steps to reproduce:
a) What if only DXV HQNA is used (no audio content)
b) What if only DXV NQNA is used (no audio, no DXV HQ)
c) What if the output menu is used to output rather than the AdvancedScreenSetup
d) What if there's no external output at all
e) What if i didn't trigger the other clips before i started to run the test

I'm going to test with dxv nq, no audio, no external output.

Thanks in advance :)

nickbeardo

Post by nickbeardo »

i ended up re rendering all clips at standard quality on the job last week and it was fine after that - could HQ clips be a cause?

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

Will test NQ-DXV with audio.
Menno wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 These are our current steps to reproduce:
1. create a new composition, drop Video and AV footages to layers 1,2 and 3.
Make some DXV HQ, aplha and non alpha. The video below shows a DXV HQ non alpha flickering.
2. Open ASS, create a new preset and set to an external screen.
3. play all footages once, then disconnect all but one layer, keep a Video only clip playing.
4. leave Resolume running for hours or better a day or more.
5. launch an V or AV clip in a layer that hasn't been played a long time.
6. if the issue doesn't show yet, open ASS or preferences.

I'm trying to narrow this down to see which one of these steps is causing it, but since each test takes a couple of hours this will take me a looong time. If any of you could help me run some tests that would be much appreciated :D

Please test (or let me know if you already tested) if the issue still persist when making the following changes to the steps to reproduce:
a) What if only DXV HQNA is used (no audio content)
b) What if only DXV NQNA is used (no audio, no DXV HQ)
c) What if the output menu is used to output rather than the AdvancedScreenSetup
d) What if there's no external output at all
e) What if i didn't trigger the other clips before i started to run the test

I'm going to test with dxv nq, no audio, no external output.

Thanks in advance :)

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

Cant be HQ-DXV, I only have NQ dxv on my server and still crashing. I have some NQ dxv with audio on 1 single deck, rest is NQ dxv (all other decks).
nickbeardo wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 15:12 i ended up re rendering all clips at standard quality on the job last week and it was fine after that - could HQ clips be a cause?

dradutu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dradutu »

i had problems with arena 7 today, audio issues, some slight framerate decrease [rtx2070, max 3 layers, dxv], ~30% usage for both cpu and gpu even when not playing clips, all this after a couple of hours of playing. all went fine at rehearsal. all fine again after arena restart [could not restart during the show].
will try to replicate tomorrow, add more info and maybe compare to arena 6.
i had dxvs, some with audio, some jpgs, capture card. 4 outputs, usb soundcard.

boris.lema

Post by boris.lema »

@Menno , i mailed you some crash reports this weekend from the problem, what im doing is:

Let a clip run for some time. After a time, Switch Clip. No Crash --> Switch deck.
No crash --> switch deck + other clip. No Crash --> let it run for longer.

I'm 100% getting crashes from this. I'm not doing anything else than this. Fresh composition, Fresh Deck.
I also added some already existing decks imported from R6 and im also getting crashes from them.

You can see there is a problem because the output is stuttering. Like the Harddrive is bottlenecking but im just running 3 1080p clips on a deck so...
When i switch decks the preview window also pops open en moves above the output window for a second.... i dont know if this is just me but....