ANDROID camera stream to RESOLUME

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
videopirate
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

ANDROID camera stream to RESOLUME

Post by videopirate »

Is that even possible?
Hi, I have researched the topic and did not find much even though I thought it would be possible nowadays to send a live video stream from a mobile phone running android to Resolume. Did some research and could not find much. I need it for an interactive installation. If anyone is awake and had enough coffee, I appreciate some help or some comforting words. #hardlife :D :D :D

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: ANDROID camera stream to RESOLUME

Post by pfelberg »

Yes, it can be done. PC and Mac.

You can use "EZCast" or "ChromeCast" along with a HDMI capture card.
Install the respective app in your android device.
Connect the EzCast or ChromeCast HDMI output to your HDMI Video Capture Device.
Connect your Android device to the EzCast or ChromeCast device using the app and wi-fi.
Now, your Android device can be mirrored to those devices, including games, whatsapp, camera, whatsoever.
Use your video capture device to send content to Resolume.
Presto!
Yes, there will be some delay.

Paulo

deflost
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by deflost »

ndi camera from newtek WAS the perfect way to do it.
BUT, newtek take it out of the android playstore since ndi hx camera app on ios was launched. it must have something to do with update to ndi 4.0.
since that, the 20 euro app is still on all our android devices and is useable!!! but is not loger reachabel on playstore. the new app on ios works perfect too.
we use both for min 2 years in many shows, sometimes with 12 devices at the same time. great thing, that ndi stuff.

r.h.
westfernsehen, leipzig

videopirate

Post by videopirate »

Thank you to both of you! I will test the two options, starting with the NDI because it is more familiar to me, even though it seems like the app for android is gone (as you said), :cry: and I am not a fan of Mac products, so I am trying to connect via IP on the phone on the same network. I will post the results here.

videopirate

Post by videopirate »

hi hi, so the answer is yes, you can do it, using both, NDI and an android camera app.There are many online apps that could be installed in both your laptop and your PC, the one I installed talk through a port and need to be on the same network. I think I will make a blog page with a list of the apps (planning to test more) and an explanation on how to do it, maybe even use OBS.. so that others will not spend the time I had to spend on this topic. have a nice day everyone! :D