Autopilot feature play next column

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Intange
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Autopilot feature play next column

Post by Intange »

Id like Resolume to have the option to play the next column as an option when a clip reaches the end. Right now its only play the next clip and all the other layers are left in the dust.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Autopilot feature play next column

Post by Arvol »

No....
What if you have clips playing in other layers that are not the same duration. you would just abruptly stop those clips because another clip dictates it?

What would be the purpose to ask for this? There's probably a much easier solution to your scenario.

Intange

Post by Intange »

Yes....
The scenario is I make all my own content, everything is exactly the same length. I layer motion backgrounds (Layers with a 1 second transition) with Alpha sequences. Ive been creating content for large scale corporate events on D3 and Pandora's Box for years and Im starting a Resolume solution for events. Im excited about what Resolume can do, but im trying to suggest features that D3 especially has that can be implemented in Resolume.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks for the suggestion!
I think we had this come up already a few times.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15234
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19383
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13326
search.php
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Intange wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 02:42 Yes....
The scenario is I make all my own content, everything is exactly the same length. I layer motion backgrounds (Layers with a 1 second transition) with Alpha sequences. Ive been creating content for large scale corporate events on D3 and Pandora's Box for years and Im starting a Resolume solution for events. Im excited about what Resolume can do, but im trying to suggest features that D3 especially has that can be implemented in Resolume.
You can't really compare Resolume to D3, they're two different things. If I want a timeline based system I'll use D3, For everything else I do (99% of my work) I use Resolume. The feature you're asking for might work for you, but probably will cause more trouble for the other 99% of the users. I'm trying to look at the bigger picture here ;)

Intange

Post by Intange »

Yes , I know they are different, but its amazing how close I can get Resolume to work like D3. I am just asking for the option to play next column as well. It doesnt mean you have to use it. The way I use Resolume is different than how most people use it, but it works so well and easy to program and control, way better than D3

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Intange wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 16:51 Yes , I know they are different, but its amazing how close I can get Resolume to work like D3. I am just asking for the option to play next column as well. It doesnt mean you have to use it. The way I use Resolume is different than how most people use it, but it works so well and easy to program and control, way better than D3
If you wanted to, in the meantime, I could write you a TD app that will do this. How would you want it setup? When a specific layer's clip end's it triggers the next column? Would this be for every clip or just a select few?

If you make your own content, why not combine all the layers into a single large file, adjust your comp size and map accordingly? This also prevents content drifts (and a workaround for LTC sync)

Intange

Post by Intange »

Thanks for your offer. My workaround right now is I wait for the clips to Autopilot to the next column and then I push the column. Matted clips are set to cross fade and "relative", so when i push there is no visible change. Its not a deal breaker but would love to have the system push automatically to the next column. It sounds like im not the only one asking for this so I'll wait. Thanks again.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Ok, if you change your mind let me know, I could knock that app out in about 30 min ;)

flyvideo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by flyvideo »

+1 for this as well, and I'll tell ya why. Using the "loop on frame x" trick described in another thread, I can get a video to loop nicely, but then hitting spacebar restarts the column thats already looping. What? I have to find the mouse and fire the next column? I'm doing 2 other things already, this will deffo get fat fingered. Did I miss something?