Resolume RAM usage

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SlavaN
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume RAM usage

Post by SlavaN »

Hi!
I've faced a problem on my workstation: increasing the RAM usage when switching decks
I've got 6 decks with 3 layers with 15-65 clips on each level per deck. All the clips are in DXV3 codec. I also have few decklink inputs on each deck and each level.
My configuration is: Xeon W-2123 3.6 2666MHz 8.25 / 16GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro P4000 / Resolume Arena v 7.1.0
Every time I switch decks with different amount of clips, the RAM usage changes up or down, but after a few hours of work I've noticed overall growth of RAM usage (from max ~1300 MB up to max ~1600 MB). Of course it's not critical growth, but after a few days of work the "Low memory" state looks quite possible.
Are there some methods of dealing with the problem, except of preventative reboot of application?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Resolume RAM usage

Post by Arvol »

Do you have any FX running on anything in your comp while this is happening? Such as RGB Delay, Trails, or Feedback?

SlavaN

Post by SlavaN »

Arvol wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 19:45 Do you have any FX running on anything in your comp while this is happening? Such as RGB Delay, Trails, or Feedback?
Only the effects for color correction like Bright.Contrast and Add Substract are applied to a lot of clips.
SlavaN wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 17:20 I've got 6 decks with 3 layers with 15-65 clips on each level per deck.
To make more clear, I have 45-180 clips per deck

And the composition size is 5760*1080

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Hmmm... I have about 12 decks with over 100 clips in all of them, And about 5-6 FX running and I haven't noticed any performance issues like you've described. I also don't keep it on longer than 10 hours.

At what hour mark do you notice this happening at?

SlavaN

Post by SlavaN »

I notice it from scratch. If I switch decks 20 times in a row just after the start of application, I would see small RAM growth.

SlavaN

Post by SlavaN »

Before the post is written I was testing it in version 7 arena, which does not work more then 24 hours. Then I got back to ver 6, and today 24 hours after the last test with RAM usage growth after the decks switching I've noticed that the RAM got cleaned to start condition. I don't know how much time it took, but it means there is no problem. Sorry for bothering.

Antczakus

Post by Antczakus »

Question about graphics. Do you have any problems with NVIDIA Quadro P4000 ???